utopia's in a '00 Maxima?

green_slip
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Utah
I'm almost certain the speakers in my Maxima are about 5''. That being said, is there anyway I can fit 6.5'' focal utopia's in there? I won't be installing these myself, but I want to make sure that there is a way that the shop (that will be installing everything) can do it. Basically, has anyone put 6.5's in a 5'' hole? Or know any way to do it? thanks

Also how much are the 165W utopia's rated? I read 100 rms somewhere but that was very conservative I think. I know these speakers are very power hungry how much do you suggest I send to them? I was thinking about an Avionixx 400.4 which is 125 x 2 @ 4 Ohms. Any other suggestions? please help me out here I really want these speakers.

sounds like a b|tch to install. maybe i should just get something that has the same size as my stock speakers. will i notice a sq difference between 6.5'' comps and 5'' comps?

I noticed that focal has the 136W utopia model which is the same as the 6.5'' but 5.25''. does anyone know if there will be an audible difference between the two because i'm not looking forward to installing 6.5s in a 5.25 hole. but i want awesome sq so i'll do whatever it takes.

I had the same issue. Even the Focal U. 5.25's wouldnt fit in the 5.25 holes.

So i changed directions.

Now Im going with a 2 way set up consisting of

HLCD under dash.....ID Cd-2Comps

and 6.5 or better midbass in lower door, either ID CX62 orsome other 2 ohm midbass driver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.