van system...what to do??

FalconXtreme
10+ year member

Wheres my pants?????
im been tryin to think of some ideas on a box for my van but im not sure what to do. i went out and took some measurments of the space under my backseat and its 10"(h)x42"(w)x36"(d) that gives me 6.8ft^3. but i dont know what to do with it. i was hoping u guys could help me out. pic below

van.JPG

dude you have more than enough room for a pair of 12's. i would flush mount the subs in the baffle on top of the box. Make yourself a nice gril to cover both of them. Then put the port(s) on the front or the rear. Which ever sounds best. You could get creative with the port shape to dress things up. Or you could always make one of the sides a plexi window and light it up from the inside. Just a couple thoughts:)

oic...i donno i haven't really decided on what i wanna get or my budget lol. i figure once i get the box out of the way then it'll narrow down what i can do sub wise.

oic...i donno i haven't really decided on what i wanna get or my budget lol. i figure once i get the box out of the way then it'll narrow down what i can do sub wise.

Ok man 150 for the box is alot, you could do alot with that. I would just have the 12's facing up in a ported box, maybe plexi on the front facing the front of the car with neons inside. Really nothing to spectacular because they will be under a seat. I would just build a regular old box and use the money left over on my subs, and amps.

yea i thought u were gonna think of some crazy sh1t thats why i gave such a big box budget. but since i only have 10" of hieght i was thinking 2 12a's and shoving down 900rms down their pipes and then a circle port(pvc pipe?) pointing inside the cabin.

yea i thought u were gonna think of some crazy sh1t thats why i gave such a big box budget. but since i only have 10" of hieght i was thinking 2 12a's and shoving down 900rms down their pipes and then a circle port(pvc pipe?) pointing inside the cabin.

Yeah I would but there is really no need. 12a's would be nice, I would slot port it though, I have to much about port noise using pvc. Tuned to about 28-30hz would be nice.

ic do u know of a website/program where i can find out how high/long to make my slot port in the box? also how do u think 12a's would sound with a 35hz tuned box?i definately want loud and i figure 12as would sound good no matter what....

can't go wrong with the A's

alot of people use winisdPRO to do their designing. i'm not sure of the site to download it from but its good. i have it but i have no freakin clue how to use it.

ok, one question though, how would i top mount the subs bc as u can see in the pick there wouldn't be much space between the top of the box and the bottom of the seat. im under the impression that the subs will hit the top when they reach their full excursion...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.