Vital power bus bars?

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
Well, I had some really thick steel bus bars. I realize that steel isn't the best thing to use. After about six months, they've rusted quite a bit. (Don't worry, I sanded off the rust before installing the first 7k)

IMG_20160320_185442_032_zpsmfmgulze.jpg

I was looking at the aluminum Vital Power name plates....

They're really thick and aluminum, which lots of people use for bus bars. I'm thinking about drilling holes in the name plates and using them for bus bars, lol. Thoughts?

nah get some aluminum stock then, more likely to drop the value of your amps doing that - especially concerning considering you constantly swap out things to get louder

I commented on the thread u made on caco... Since your running three 7ks now your going to want 1/2" thick or better... That 1/4" will melt if your running enough power, at world finals I was talking to some peeps about it because they have melted 1/4" before

I commented on the thread u made on caco... Since your running three 7ks now your going to want 1/2" thick or better... That 1/4" will melt if your running enough power, at world finals I was talking to some peeps about it because they have melted 1/4" before
Yeah, I saw it. I might look online for 1/2 inch aluminum bars or try to find a metal supplier local

I just posted on both forums because no everyone is on both sites

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.