Want to get the most out of my PrecisionPower BlackIce 1800, need 15" sub suggestions

Aleks15Civic

My Setup:

Car:

Civic 2000 Hatchback

Subs x2:

Amazon.com : Kicker 10CVR154 15 CompVR 4 Ohm DVC Subwoofer : Vehicle Subwoofers : Car Electronics

2x 5CuFoot boxes tuned at 28Hz

146.5dB IASCA bassboxing score

The Amp:

Precision Power PPI BK1800.1D Black Ice 1800W Monoblock Class-D Amplifier

Mounted on Wall Behind:

Amazon.com : Kicker DS65 6.5" Coax Speakers (Pair) : Vehicle Speakers : Car Electronics

Rockford Fosgate POWER T165 6.5" T1 Coaxial Car Speakers

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002DNZQG/

Amazon.com : Dual XPE2700 400-Watt Max 2-Channel MOSFET XPE Series Power Amplifier : Vehicle Multi Channel Amplifiers : Car Electronics

Amazon.com : Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 Punch BRT 300-Watt Ultra Compact 4-Channel Amplifier : Vehicle Multi Channel Amplifiers : Car Electronics

Amazon.com : Soundstream BX-20Z Digital Bass Reconstruction Processor : Vehicle Equalizers : Car Electronics

3F capacitor : 2x 1,000W XS Power Batteries : Stock 90A alternator : Big three upgrade : Full Dynomat : 0G Wiring

I'm constantly beating at those kickers and smelling them every time I give demos because it's just not enough for me. I've been abusing them for about a year now, I don't know how they're still alive, but they're sure to go soon. I was looking for an upgrade without scrapping the monster of a box I put together.

What do you guys recommend as to get the most out of my amplifiers while not scrapping the box?

It needs to be at 1Ohm when both 15s are wired

Budget $200-$500 per sub

Wanting a good balance between SPL and SQ, not favoring an extreme of either

Box Specs:

2x 15" holes

5.5Cu Ft per box

2x 4" diameter 12 3/4" long ports per box

I was going to do a bandpass box but ran out of wood. Thus the sides coming up like that.

Ignore how uneven the ports are. They are all the same length and diameter. Just wiggled themselves in differently with time because I was too lazy to glue them so I raw force hammered them in.

I know this is a lot, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

View attachment 26551757

Last edited by a moderator:
Soundsolutionsaudio.com Any sub on there is a good choice. I'd say get two 600-750 rms subs that you have space in. Remember, not all subs will work in a 4th order bandpass.

Some subs made in the USA

http://www.fuaudio.com/#!product/prd1/1935547315/fu750-15

tests of some single 12s, FU did very well considering the price.

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/testing-scientific-data-discussion/176885-my-test-12-sub-roundup.html

Just in case that site blocks you from entering in,

FU Audio (Frank You, in case you're wondering)
Price - $180

Oversized 2.5" coil

Same **** pic again. This time on the left.

TSP...

Model and in-car

1,000w @ 34hz and 30 second average.

SPL burps.

500w - 1497.db

1,000w - 152.6db

1,500w - 154.0db

Subjectively - B+

FU Audio - It's very difficult to find something bad to say about this sub. It was the least expensive, the loudest and was subjectively second best only to the Ethos. But that's the nature of smaller subs (usually). They get louder on less power. It didn't surprise me that it kliled it in SPL, but it did surprise me how well it did in the daily portion. To compete with the likes of the Ethos down low is an accomplishment. The Ethos would definitely start stretching it out past 1k or so, but it hard to argue with how well it did. I don't know who "Frank" is or where he came from as it seems it's a bit of a mystery, but he's got a winner on his hands. I'm not ready to crown it as an "SA Killer", but if you're in the market for a $200 sub, this one most definitely needs to be in the conversation. Fantastic value here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Aleks15Civic

Aleks15Civic
Everett, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffdachef