wanting to compete with a daily

Foote11
10+ year member

Iowa
what is the minium setup i can use to try and compete?? i was hoping a single 12 on about 1kw to 1.5kw would do??

i was lookin at a

hcca 12

sa 12

fi bl

or dclvl4

i could also probably fit in 2 10's what would be best if i wanna compete??

could i get some pointers too??

just the lowest class possible?? iv never been to a comp before but im not sure if the people around here are too loud i live in southwestern iowa i know im not gonna win but i would like to at least place :p

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

trunk or hatchback,also you'll need more power than you think if you wanna win,better battery , 0 gauge wires too,ho alt
more then likely trunk my seats dont fold down

I had a 92 T-Bird and I had a single 12" GZ Nuke and 1500bd RF and it wailed, removed the back seat, had a 4+ cube box and 70sq in of port... great results but now-a-days you better build your azz off if you want to be competitive... those cars love the low tuning as well.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

I only reference my car b/c I had a 96t-bird as well and the trunks were similar, and the xr7 is nearly the same car iirc

A burp box would be good if you plan on only strictly competing. You don't want a burp box for a daily system.
I would go with the pair of 10s on like 3k watts or something.
id build a strictly comp box and have a daily box

i was hopin to be able to get loud off of a 1500w amp and a **** good enclosure :3 bahah what kinda 10's could take that power?

ok if you wanna compete in db drag then street stock .you need 2 12 inch steel stamped basket woofers ,like the dd 1512's,also a 2000 watt rms amp.just to start.build your box ,tune it around 36 htz. should play the low and higher bass notes.or do a aero port 6 inch subs front and port front .biggest issue will be getting the box right ,and sealing the trunk .2 15's might be a little too much as i dont think you'll have enough room to at the trunk entry for the woofer and the port area.also port on the drivers side .with the 15's you'll need at least 6 cubic foot plus port are .i know the trunk is big but thats frt to back , not side to side.thats why i'm thinking 2 12's instead.or even 1 18.

do you have that god forsaken cross brace going diagonally across your trunk opening like my T-Bird did? horrible horrible horrible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.