What am I looking for???

Poundin'Metal
10+ year member

Young Buck
cali
I have two kicker L7's 2 ohm DVC. I want to run both of them off of the same monoblock amp. If they are wired together and presenting a 2 ohm load, what amp should I look at to give them both as close to 750 watts as possible??? That is the max RMS, and I would like to be there? I now have an amp on each, but I can't feed them enough power, soooo, I need to condense if I want to jam. Help me out here. Is

Thank you in advance for your valued input.

when you say 2ohm dvc, you mean dual 2ohm, right? So if you wire each one in series you would have 2 4ohm subs. Then you wire them to the amp in paralell to get a 2ohm mono load. PPi makes a mono amp thats 1000x1 at 2ohms. Or JL 1000/1. Or, if you looking for a cheaper amp, pg tantrum 1200.1 is nice. Either the ppi or the jl will be more than enough.

Yes, I did mean dual 2 ohm.

I am assuming that the 1000.1 will provide 1000 watts to both subs at 2 ohms. Is that correct? Do I want 1000 Watts going to the subs? I don't want to blow them up. Will they be able to handle a 1000.1???

Thanks a mill

Well first, I never knew a difference between 2 ohm DVC and dual 2 ohm, but whatever. Anyway, as far as amps, that PG is pretty nice, I don't vote for the JL because you won't see more than 1100 watts out of it, and it costs a ton. Check out the JBL 1200.1 if you are on a very tight budget. There aren't really that many amps that put out good power at 2ohms mono, most higher power amps put out max power at 1ohm.

Yes those subs can take 750, I'm not sure if you mean a piece of together, but if you were planning on sending them 325 watts a piece they would barely budge, they really need like 750 or so, but 650 will work.

Are there any amps out there that can handle a .5ohm load? The budget is not too terribly tight. I just want the subs to reach their full potential. I bought them cause they were compatible with my current amps, so I am now stuck with them.

There are none off the top of my head that can run in mono at .5 ohm, but i've never had experience with those. I know my soundstream reference 604 can do .5 ohm stereo though. So maybe an older ref mono could pull it off. I'd think any amp that is .5 stable is gonna cost quite a bit.

Look on ebay for a reference 10.0 or 5.0. there .5 ohm stable. Still, Your better off wiring them in series at 2ohms. Check out the ppi pcx1500. It's 1000 watts at 2ohms. And don't listen to people that dis JL cause they can't afford it. The 1000.1 would be 1000watts for both so each would get 500.

And don't listen to people that dis JL cause they can't afford it.
I'm taking this one personally, you are wrong. As a matter of fact, I could easily go out and piss away that kind of money on an amp, but the simple fact of the matter is that it is not worth it. If I were to buy an expensive amp I would go Zapco, US, Tru, and this is powering a sub, the quality of the amp makes very very little difference to a certain point. Now JL has a bunch of nifty features on the amp that I could not give a **** about. I will take my kicker and my soundstream and be on my way. Oh, and by the way I am a big supporter or JL products, especially the W7 because it is incredible, but as far as their other products, they are not the best on the market.

I'm wrong about what? Your the one recommending a jbl amp instead of a jl amp. Thats wrong. If you are on a budget, you shouldn't be buying amps for your car.

The ppi is rated at 1000 watts at 12 volts so when your car is running, voltage should be 13-14 volts. + there amps are underated. So it would be more like 600-700 to each sub. As long as you got good charging system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.