what do u think of this?????

importtuner
10+ year member

ny
hey i just want to know if any1 here knows of a alternator store called alterstart and if u have used their product. If u tell me what u thought of it. Im intrerested in buying and i just want sum background on them. Thankz a lot!

I'm running a 200 amp alternator from AlterStart, cost $224 shipped. It works fine, after I put it on I had it tested and it did over 120 amps at idle. It's been over a year and it still works great. The only thing is I had to drill the alt. bracket alittle to get it to fit.

I just got one, Packed very very well and fit perfectly. I was sposed to put out like 180amps and 2,000rpm but it really put out like 218amps at 1,800rpms so I think its getting the job done. Best of all it was cheap, itworks great and It has a lifetime worrenty. So far its a great company and I would recomend them.

hey what kind of amplifiers are u running on the alternator watts etc. I took ur advice and i purchased a 150 amp alt from them for my eclipse sadly 150 amp is as big as they go 4 my car. But i plan to run 2 1000/'s a kx800.4 and possibly a alpine 2channel v12 amp. i was just wondering if either of u have placed a large starin on ur alternators and if so how did it hold up.

thanks for ur info

If your asking me, I in the process of redoing my system and upgrading my system to a higher level. Upgrading my alternator to a better higher output one is one of the upgrades that is in the process of the upgrade. AKA I’m upgrading my electrical system before the system goes in. I have right now running like 600-800watts but my new system that is about ready to go in is about 2k watts. I got mine tested at a performance shop i work next to, they have a alternator bench tester they mounted it on and tested the output. I have in the past gone to a Napa and they have the same thing, and so does AutoZone. They have a machine that they mount your alternator to and spin it up. I think they can also just hook up a portable tester to your car and see the output of you electrical system. I have had the alterstate alternator for about 2 weeks and the rest of the system is not going in for quite awile (I have no time)

hey thanks for ur posts guys, and any1 else how has one of these alternators id be happy to hear your input as well. by the way tedro good luck on the system

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

importtuner

10+ year member
importtuner
ny
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from