What do you think of my system before i get it?

Ok my buddy works at a local car audio shop here in winnipeg and can get me a smoking deal on diamond audio speakers and subs. i got a 99 trans am and I got soom q logic kicks so ill be running 5.25 in those and 6.5 in the factory door location. NO rear fill!!!! Hate it!! they will be be the hex series and they sound amazing. The subs will be the awsome TDX (Love them) ill get 2 10's (trans ams have no room!!). The amps will be u.s amps. 2 600x's (150rms x 2 @4ohms) for the hexs and the 2000x for subs (2000rms). Of course ill also upgrade electical system to compliment the drain the amps put on the car. What do u guys figure the spl will be about? oh ya sealed box and .7 cubic feet for each drvier.

My buddy has two 12 tdx's in his grand prix gtp and puts out 158.4 db!! its so intense!! but ya id like to hear from u guys let me know what u think. thanks!

sounds good to me. diamond audio has always been underrated. diamond is a little expensive but if you are getting a good deal go for it. we are not spl meters so we can't tell you what you are gonna hit but go get it install it get it metered and tell us but your system sounds good. by the way what kind of car is going in?

Diamond Audio subs are a SQ sub not a SPL sub. They don't get that loud, someone I know has them and they sound great... but they don't hit or get that loud, but that just could be his set up.

Hey, its nice to meet a fellow t/a driver with the same interest in Diamond audio...someone said diamonds are not made for spl??? HA i have two CM3's on my car and im hitting just under 150db, i think my last run was 149 this is run off a fosgate 800a2 running about 490rms per 12" not to bad for the deal i got, 2-cm3 12's, fosgate 800a2, fosgate 501x all for $350. PLUS there in a sealed .9 per sub box! I guess im just a good tuner. lol

Anyway if you have the power go for the TDX 12's, they can easily fit and since you have t-tops you'll just lose your holders. Trust me unless you ALWAYS use your backseat you wont even miss them. I just lay mine in my back seat and even if i had my holders would still do it like that...its just way more convenient. Try it sometime. They seem to almost fit like they should go there. Im going to try to attach pics of my box. If not then email me if your interested in how to fit 2 12's, ill even take demension to PERFECTLY fit down between the holders, i mean perfectly. The box is about 3 cubs but i just sectioned it off. The boxes look dirty cause i had just built them so they were, by the way the rims of the 12's stick over because i built the box 2"s shorter to accomodate 10's when i ended up using 12's. I dont even know what i would do ported, i should just open up that bottom section and add some. Let me know how those TDX's sound, i was thinking about getting those so let me know your #'s when you get them.

Also i just installed some Kicker RMB8's in the back seat and they ROCK even for rear fills! Just takes some minor cutting since there 8" and though it doesnt look like it they WILL work..lol

by the way im not running those 2 10's i blew one with the 800a2 :p They were just there for pics and there gone now.

Also you may want to consider getting some highs in the far rear panels, 5 1/4's fit perfect if you cut out the stock components. Do you have pics of the kick panels, i've got a 6spd so i dont know about the clutch being in the way or not.

Diamond Audio subs are a SQ sub not a SPL sub. They don't get that loud, someone I know has them and they sound great... but they don't hit or get that loud, but that just could be his set up.
Must be just his set up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sounds like a nice start to me anyways. Just to clear it up for me, you'll be running the 5.25" components in the kick panels with the 100x2 and the 6.5" coaxials off of the head unit ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Also, which head unit have you picked up ?

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.