What does SQL mean?

Pgvietsider
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I know that SPL is for bass loudness and SQ is for sound quality. But what does SQL mean is my setup SQL?

2 image dynamics IDMAX ten inches

Crossfire VR1000

Crossfire VR404

image dynamic cd1 pro mini horns

imagedynamic cx52

alpine 9813

I mean is that in a SQL or SQ or SPL lol. Thanks for the help and sorry for newb questions.

I know that SPL is for bass loudness and SQ is for sound quality. But what does SQL mean is my setup SQL?
2 image dynamics IDMAX ten inches

Crossfire VR1000

Crossfire VR404

image dynamic cd1 pro mini horns

imagedynamic cx52

alpine 9813

I mean is that in a SQL or SQ or SPL lol. Thanks for the help and sorry for newb questions.
LOL,

That is kinda interesting.

Bcuz SPL= Sound Pressure Level & SQ= Sound Quality.

Meaning SQL really means Sound-Quality-Level. Which makes no sense to me, lol.

Your setup looks like a fairly high-SQ setup.

Nice system.

i don't know either but im guessing that its good spl with good sq, not one over the other.
The only time I've seen this term used is with subwoofers, not entire systems. An SQL woofer is "supposedly" a loud subwoofer thats pretty accurate sounding at the same time. I personally don't agree with this, a sub is usually one or the other. Most really good SQ woofers don't get that loud. And on the flipside of that -- most spl woofers don't sound that good. Not to me anyway. Just my opinion though.

Adam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

well since there is SPL and SQ and with new subs the line between them is blurred and they have both properties, SQL was created, doesn't stand for anything (i think) its just a combination of SPL and SQ

well since there is SPL and SQ and with new subs the line between them is blurred and they have both properties, SQL was created, doesn't stand for anything (i think) its just a combination of SPL and SQ
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cop.gif.57eb2cc10a7efd04d31083ca3c30d53c.gif

I agree, its not a technical term or even an abbreviation, just a nickname of some sort.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

SQL = Something Quaintly Loud?

The point is, SQL gets loud, but sounds **** good doing it.

Your setup is leaning towards SQ, but is still very much so SQL.

The only time I've seen this term used is with subwoofers, not entire systems. An SQL woofer is "supposedly" a loud subwoofer thats pretty accurate sounding at the same time. I personally don't agree with this, a sub is usually one or the other. Most really good SQ woofers don't get that loud. And on the flipside of that -- most spl woofers don't sound that good. Not to me anyway. Just my opinion though.
Adam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif
There are quite a few SQ drivers out there with very high power ratings. What's that driver called.. it's been talked about a few times, crap.. what was it? "XXX" or something? It's only been discussed a few times on this forum, I'm not sure if any of you have heard of it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'm sure many people can vouch that it hits pretty hard, though I haven't heard it myself.

While on this topic, has anyone heard any MBquart subwoofers personally? I'm extremely curious to know how they sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.