what exactly is SQ and SPL

Participant count
  • Participant list

venom107
10+ year member

The Graveyard Shift
Ive just upgraded my car with an Alpine Type R 12 and ive been reading a lot about its Great SQ rating and Spl what exactly is that. Im putting it in a sealed box to fired at the back of my trunk and I want that shirt moving bass should I go for the SQ or build a ported box for SPL???

Originally posted by venom107 Ive just upgraded my car with an Alpine Type R 12 and ive been reading a lot about its Great SQ rating and Spl what exactly is that. Im putting it in a sealed box to fired at the back of my trunk and I want that shirt moving bass should I go for the SQ or build a ported box for SPL???
Technically you can go for both, you can have great SQ(sound quality) and good SPL(sound pressure level) out of the same sub, it all depends on the install, as in is the box optimal for those subs and if you have enough power from the amps and enough current and signal going to those amps, I hope I did not confuse you more

Im running a profile 800sx which has a 600 watt rms at 4 ohms rating which is even to push my subs. They have a 300 watt rms. I know i have enough current and power coming from my battery. Thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.