FEATURED What is wrong with wiring?

zoltman1991

CarAudio.com Recruit
houston
Wiring two DVC 2 ohms. I’ve viewed diagrams. Can’t find any matching specific setup with a box (just shows subs alone).

But here’s is what I’ve done. Isn’t this effectively correct? I’m still reading 11ohms and it’s barely playing.

Kicker CompR 12. Two sets of inputs each sub on opposite sides. So I assume each couple of inputs is one coil. So I’ve connecting + to - on opposite side coil. Run unwired inputs to +/- at box. Run +/- to one side of box, then wire from that terminal to opposite side of box. How is this not what’s pictured in Crutchfield diagrams?

Attachments

• IMG_0803.jpeg
    IMG_0803.jpeg
    420.3 KB · Views: 5
But here’s is what I’ve done. Isn’t this effectively correct? I’m still reading 11ohms and it’s barely playing.
Your diagram is showing each sub wired in series, which should give you 4 Ohms if they are DVC 2 Ohms. Then you wired them parallel outside the box which drops them back down to 2 Ohms. 11 Ohms is way off. Did you measure each coil to verify the 2 Ohms spec?

Your diagram is showing each sub wired in series, which should give you 4 Ohms if they are DVC 2 Ohms. Then you wired them parallel outside the box which drops them back down to 2 Ohms. 11 Ohms is way off. Did you measure each coil to verify the 2 Ohms spec?
Silly goose moment. Took them out. One of the subs had reversed polarity. They are know as they should!

I’ve been experimenting around a bit. 15 ported to a 15 sealed. Now trying 12s ported. I think I like the 12s ported so far! The 15 ported was too muddy and wasn’t clean. 15 sealed lacked the power, although was clean. I think the two 12s ported are a good balance of what I’m looking for.

Silly goose moment. Took them out. One of the subs had reversed polarity. They are know as they should!
👍
I’ve been experimenting around a bit. 15 ported to a 15 sealed. Now trying 12s ported. I think I like the 12s ported so far! The 15 ported was too muddy and wasn’t clean. 15 sealed lacked the power, although was clean. I think the two 12s ported are a good balance of what I’m looking
I agree, 12s are the happy medium. Although nowadays I opine that box design is a way bigger factor in how a sub will perform. That said, I am still reticent to shell out 500 frogskins for a box just because of what sub it is for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...