what kind of sub amp should I buy

Participant count
  • Participant list

egold

Afternoon everyone

I'm looking to upgrade my son's car system for the holiday with a sub amp. I know this. The car is a 1999 eclipse with panasonic head unit which Im going to take and plan on getting him a Pioneer DEH-P700BT. Speakers are 4 jbl coaxial's 6x9 in the rear and I believe 6.5 in the fronts. Memphis 15" single sub and powerbass 4 channel amp Im not sure of the watts though. The person who installed it used the amp to power all the speakers and sub. He said the fader would not work which was true. I'd like to buy a sub amp for his single sub.

I've read so many posts here between the amps and head units I'm lost.

What would your recommendations be and should I look for a class AB or D?

I've seen a jl audio 250/1 on ebay and I see someone here is selling a Concept CC-D800A if it's still available. I'll consider new or used I just don't know what to buy really.

Help pleaseeeeeeeee

A class D for a subwoofer would be my taste... Some run their subs on AB amps, but most don't.

Do you know the specifications and what kind of sub it is? We can point an amp out for you pretty fast.

I don't really know what model number it is but I did call my wife and she measured the sub. It's a 12" not 15. I'd have to take the sub out of the enclosure to find out the model number I'm thinking.

Thanks for the reply

I have some more info on my quest for a sub amp.. the sub is 1 Memphis 12" single 4 ohm

The 4 channel is powerbass 800 watts

I'd also like to keep the cost under 150.00

Any help would so be appreciated

Thanks

if you have a 12 memphis it probally is a low rms skeaker. the JL 250/1 may do the trick but i would go with with a JL 500/1. if you do dont forget u may need another battery or a capacitor because the JL is not ment to be run at under 12volts "at any time"! this amp is a true power amp and would push the sub with ease. if you can find another powerbass 1 or 2 channel that would be a good pick too.

if you have a 12 memphis it probally is a low rms skeaker. the JL 250/1 may do the trick but i would go with with a JL 500/1. if you do dont forget u may need another battery or a capacitor because the JL is not ment to be run at under 12volts "at any time"! this amp is a true power amp and would push the sub with ease. if you can find another powerbass 1 or 2 channel that would be a good pick too.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif:crap://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.