What wiring kit to get?

I have a pioneer gm-d8400m amp and a 12" sub. What type of wiring kit do i need? 4 guage? I also plan on buying 6x9's and 6.5's. Do i have to power those through the headunit? Is it better to upgrade to an aftermarket one? Sorry im a newbie to car audio.
looked up the amp, it puts out

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 300 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 600 watts x 1 chan.

So if your sub is a single 4 ohm voice coil 8 gauge would be fine, if it's dual four or single two ohms then I'd recommend 4 gauge wire.

For the 6x9's i'd recommend you amp them separately, but they will work off the head unit as well.

^^ great price, regardless of the sub you put on the amp, 4 gauge will be sufficient, and when it comes to wiring amps it's always a case of the more the merrier in terms of future upgrades so if money isn't tight go for 4gauge. You'll thank yourself later when you get the inevitable bug and have the need to get louder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.