Whats the best amp for 12'L7?durability? quality?

eww, that's like the bottom dollar, just something to get you by list of amps. Especially 1 and 3. The HF's OK.

Are these dual 2's or dual 4's?

Do you have a budget in mind?

dual voice coils, (Kicker 08S12L74)

I a newbie, so I really dont have an idea on the amps. huge price difference really confused me. do I really get what I pay for? or just a brand name?

Thanks in advance.

ps. some said L7 is nothing but loud? is there any other choice for the same range?

King ranch, wow, seems like you like kickers lots. what would you say about the L7s? whats the difference between S12L72 and S12L74? sorry if its a dumb question.

just only difference is the ohm the subs are they have dual 2ohm and dual 4ohm with dual 4ohm u need a 1ohm stable amp with dual 2 ohm u need a 2ohm stable amp

the l7's with 750rms a piece ported will get loud and have decent SQ if u put them in the right box and tune them right if not they will sound like shitttt

thank, so where is a good place to get the sundown 1500? what is a right box for L7s? people from sonic told me to go for the sealed box, I have seen some videos on youtube that some people put L7s in sealed while some put in ported?

ported for l7's if not no reason to own l7's haha if u r tight on space then go sealed or do aeros ported tune low for daily around 33-34hz and go to sundowns website or look in the classifieds for a nice used sundown

space isnt a problem for me since I have suv for it. so ported is the right way to go. is there anyone here built boxes? I did visit Sundown web, however they do not have price on there. I found they are very new company ( since 2006). hows the quality for their products? any problem like over heat etc.? years ago I've got ripped off by a local shop by sold me a pair of Eclipse sub and 1 sony Xplod 1600w amp. the subs didnt last over 1 year and the Xplod get over heated and cut off hourly.

go to db-r.com for new and used amps from sundown

and contact mobeious for a box build and the quailty of the amps just search on here people are happy with them and the CS is excellent

thanks for all your helps King Ranch. I think I may just get the kicker zx1500 and change the S12L74 to S12L72, since the sundown isnt much cheaper than the Kicker. and I assume that you're happy with the set up that you have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.