When to use a dedicated battery for system? (or even HO alternator)

zoltman1991

CarAudio.com Recruit
houston
So I've been looking into this, and I have a question regarding the use of batteries in a system.

For one:
I have a 2020 Lexus ES 350. Battery replaced by AAA, so it's just a standard battery they provided. Nothing aftermarket or fancy.
I will be running a JD1000.1 at 2ohms to push a single 15" CVX.

Would this output call for a secondary battery? I realllllly don't want to involve another power system if not needed. Empirically, I find that many people who use secondary batteries are pushing out several thousands of watts out of their systems. With 1000w, I think this is fairly modest.

EDIT: I typically listen while driving, never without engine off. Most of listening is moderate-high - maybe 50%-60% volume. Occasionally I blast at full listening (~75% max volume)

Two:
let's discuss one first lol.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. Most stock electrical systems will power a single 1000 watt amplifier just fine. Just run a good OFC 4 gauge to it (if going from front to the rear of the car or over 12 ft.) and you should be good.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. Most stock electrical systems will power a single 1000 watt amplifier just fine. Just run a good OFC 4 gauge to it (if going from front to the rear of the car or over 12 ft.) and you should be good.
Beautiful. That's what I was thinking (and hoping someone would confirm). Got the oxygren-free 4awg :D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...