Where do I put the amp (in the trunk)?

JustPerfect
10+ year member

All right, I've seen all of those hella-cool installs with subs and amps mounted everywhere and all that kinda stuff, but to be honest, I'm just not at all skilled in that kind of stuff, and I don't have access to the tools necessary anyway (even though I don't know what you need, I'm sure I don't have it....heh). Now, I'm gonna be running 2 subs off of a jbl amp (probably, not sure yet, but it doesn't really matter for this question anyway) in a couple months, and I'd like for my trunk to still look kinda cool.... Not all messy with wires everywhere and crap. I have some of that black wire-cover stuff, but I also want the trunk to look kinda....well, cool. Is there anything I can do, with limited knowledge and tools, to make my trunk look nice? And maybe more importantly, is it bad for the amp to just be sitting on the floor in the middle of my trunk? Er, not in the middle, since the subs are there.... but just on the floor? I'd like to be able to do something to it to make the install look real clean.

On a side note, next year I'm gonna be taking some woods and welding classes in school. Chances are I'll finish the big project with a week or so left, and then I might be able to make somethin' if it doesn't take too long. Is there anything I could make that would be beneficial to my system? Man, that's a really newbie question.... But I don't know how else to say it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Thanks for any insight guys, always appreciated!

- Dane

It depends on your car, and how much time/money you want to put into the install. You could build a custom amp rack or subwoofer box to fit in your trunk. Other than that theres not much you can do. Colored wire loom is cool. The important thing is that it sounds good.

You could mount the amps on the back of the box but i wouldn't advise it...but its probably better than letting your amp slide around in the back of your trunk...i suggest you make some sort of amp rack...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.