where is my bass?

i recently bought 2 sony xplod 12" subs, a "1000 watt" sony xplod amp, and a pioneer deck. I did all of the wiring and put the subs in a bandpass in the trunk of my car. After adjust all of my amp and deck settings i can't get much of a bass out of my subs. How much will an equalizer, crossover, and or capacitor help. I do get a little bass but not much. I rechecked all of the wiring. what should i do or buy?

Actually bandpass boxes kick butt if the are designed by a professional to subwoofer specs. It's the prefab bandpass that most peeps say ****, but how many prefabs don't unless the are designed for the speaker.

Ive used those sony subs before, wouldn't let me wire them bridged had to wire em in paralel before they worked.

Also If your ground isn't very good that could affect the subs?

Or maybe you have the gain too low on the amp?

I agree with Granny.. probably a box issue(assuming its wired correctly).Put your subs in a smaller sealed box, and wire them in stereo to start. If that hits better than what you got now, then go ahead and bridge the amp or whatever to tweak it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.