Which Head Unit Should I Purchase?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bballmaster44
10+ year member

NE
I am looking into investing in a new head unit for my 2005 Chevy Malibu. I want to spend around $250-$300. The only two ways I listen to music are through my iPod and the radio, so I want to be able to directly connect my iPod to the head unit and am not worried about a CD player.

My current two options are:Alpine iDA-X305S or Alpine IXA-W404.

I chose these two because to my knowledge Alpine is the best way to go with car audio and those two seem to have what I am looking for in the price range I want.

Which one of these do you guys recommend? Or should I be looking at a different head unit. I'd appreciate any responses I can get, thanks.

I too was looking at the 305, but it lost out the Kenwood KIV-700. Bigger screen, 4V Pre-amps, 5000 more recognnized files, internal memory (good for wallpaper), USB hub ready, choice of illumination color, plays mp4 avi and wmv videos. I paid $240 shipped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.