Which is better? I can't decide.

diminishedpower
10+ year member

I Like Chicken
Iowa
I have 2 12" kicker xpl's but want to get out of the old century and get sum new subs. The ones i was looking at are

Alpine Type R's

Infinity kappa perfect 12.1

mtx thunder8000

audiobahn flame q series (aw1206t)

these are all in 12" inch models

I'm looking for SQ with some SPL but a lot of SQ, what would b my best option?

First things first.........forget about those audiobahns and the mtx's....k?

Take either the Type R's or the Perfects. I've heard perfects and they have excellent sound quality and are able to set of car alarms in a small sealed truck box!!!

DONT BUY AUDIOBAHN OR MTX IF U WANT SQ. I presonally have not heard the infinity kappas but have heard great things about their sq. I have a pair of Alpine type r 12's but wont be installed for a while. So i would suggest u go to some local audio stores and listen to both the type r's and the perfects and decide which ones u like the most

i got a kappa perfect 12.1D coming in this week brand new in box straight from infinity because i blew my last one...make an offer if thats what your looking for..

and yes sq is extremely good on these, i just bumped a little too hard

I would go witht the Type R's. I have heard the Kappa's can't take much more than the RMS on those but the Type R's can take much more....

Out of that list I would definitely go with the Type R's. Perfects are good for SQ but dont get loud and cant take over rms. Type R's are good for SQ, get decently loud, and can handle more than rms wattage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.