Who is looking into SounDigital Amplifiers?

ngsm13 has a SD1800

If anyone knows him and would like to see the amp please feel free to contact him

I'm waiting for his impressions on the smaller 2kW car amp in world

Here in Winnipeg Brian and mates from Hamilton Audio is testing a SD3000, soon I hope to see their reults

I have an SD1800 in my truck right now and have been enjoying it.

It is quite small and clean, seems to need very little input signal.

I will be doing a more detailed write-up later. I've done some in-car testing, and am looking to do some testing on a bench with a scope too. After mid-terms and such I'll compile my results...

So far so good, seems to be a rock solid amplifier...

nG

Hey Mr. Loud!

rcvvmkjujd1e9sqgbo.jpg

from this:

z80zetwbtv64u48npg8t.jpg

It will be very interesting to see results soon. I know cant wait to post some...

From previous testing I know SounDigital does rated power and handle low impedance very well, But with any amp the power supply must be there. Ive personally got 5150 watts from an SD8000 loaded at 1 ohm with box rise and voltage drop to 10 volts from one group 31 optima. It ran this load daily for my drive to work and back and my AB amps got hotter than this unit did. All I know is this technoligy a far superior to the Zenon boards. With a So called 10000 watt Zenon board I only got a mere 3000 watts from the same setup..... And it was atleast twice the size!! When applied to 16 volts they both lit up pretty nice but still the zenon only produced 7500 watts a far cry from the 10 K it was supposed to do. and the SD went to 12900 Watts like it was supposed to do. volt drop was to 15 volts.. So personally I know what my preferance is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.