why componets and not 3way

mike_cy
10+ year member

CY
don't laugh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

why do you put componets in front and not just a 3way speaker?

what is the difference?

i'm gonna change my garbage Pioneer ts-g1746 and i was thinking to put

Infinity Kappa 63.5i 3way

thought to ask before i do anything

btw i have 2 tweeters in case a compination can be made

-------

a)6,5' speakers, mounting depth under 55cm, able to play till 80-100w RMS and be at millionbuy.com so i can buy them.....

b)win at lotto c)find a nice girl that has sense of humor and has her mind inside her brain and not anywhere else......

hey mike, can't you see that noone replies to your threads anymore? so why do you continue posting? just leave man

components are better because since they dont have a hole in the middle of the cone for the tweeter they can handle more power and have better sound quality, since you can place the tweeter away from the speaker for better imaging, and since they have a much better crossover

if both were able to play the same W rms which would you chose? the comp because you could move/put the tweeter were you would want it?

With a few exceptions, component sets use higher quality drivers than coaxial type speakers. Power handling really has nothing to do with it, rather it is just quality. Most 2-way and 3-way speakers use really low quality tweeters and have almost nothing in the way of a real crossover.

Like I said there are good coaxes out there. The middle and high end CDT Braxial series, the convertible MB Quarts and a couple of others are out there that use component drivers that are mounted together to make a coax speaker. They are only 2-way, but they have good drivers and proper crossovers and are better than any budget 2- or 3-way speaker.

i see, Thank you! .....conclusion: i need to buy comps.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

btw where can i find the mounting depth of MB Quart?

they don't say the mounting depth at their site...

i need the mounting depth to be under 50cm and less because they won't fit in my door.... do you know any place that has their specs?

can't order cdt - no site that has them ships here

Infinity any good?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mike_cy

10+ year member
mike_cy
CY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from