Wil a 10" type R do?

Mac11
10+ year member

MacGyver
my friend has a 96 2 door explorer that he has some POS crap in....i dont even know what it is....bandpass box and all.

I have told him he should get some type Rs because he said he ants some good SQ and doesnt have a ton of money. I was thinking since he listens pretty exclusivly to rap and would like it to be pretty loud too i would go with a ported box. My question is will a single 10" type R give him decently loud low end? how much power would you send to it? and i am gonna help him build a box for it so how big a ported/sealed box would you reccomend? Thanks for the help

-Mac

10's can be made to go low....but 12's are lower. I would reccomend going to a 12" type r which should fit his needs if you port it. Now, you don't need a 12, but it will be louder and isn't too much more money if i remember correctly. Also look into the Ed K series, you may be happier with an e12k over a type r, they are louder and sound good as well

well the thread was about the type R ....and specificly the 10" because i can get ONE really really cheap. and i know with the right power and install that it can be a good sub for him. So thats what im asking for. Advice on amount of power and box size for either ported or sealed.

My good friend has a 12" Type R in a sealed box with a cap and 600watt(I think) Alpine Class D amp in his 2001 Corolla. It isn't loud at all possibly due to the sealed box. It sounds clean and sounds good, but if you're looking for loud.. I don't know if this is it. I have not heard one in a ported box so can't really give a good solid answer. I would listen to one before you buy it to see if it is what you are looking for as with all speakers.

welll what kind of stuff does ur friend have in his car now? it sounds pretty bad if its in a bandpass box. but id get the Type-r although ur not gona get that loud at all with just one 10". but id rather have that than some crappy stuff in a bandpass box. oh and Send the sub around 400 watts. The RMS is 300.

used in pretty good shape for ~40$. I believe its the SVC 4 ohm. I have me Premier X220 that i would possibly be selling to him for the R and then getting myself a new amp. So Jmac....since your the resident expert on the premier amps, with that kinda power how big a ported box would you suggest? and still tuned ~mid 20's? Thanks

-Mac

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.