wiring 2 amps

You can do it a few ways. You can run 2 different power wires, or you can go buy a 0 or 4 ga power wire run it to a distro block (you can get these at the audio store) and bridge it off there. The remote is simple, run it from the back of the HU to one amp, and tie into that wire with another piece and run it to the other amp.

Ground can be done a few ways. Use 2 different ground points, get another distro box and make one common ground.

Yea, I'd say use one grounding point though. You don't want any grounding loops. Get the highest guage you can afford for your power wire, should you decide to use just 1 to run into a distrobution block.

Unless you are running two pretty big amps, Walmart has a 2 amp install kit made by Scosche that has pretty much everything that you need from 4 ga to run from under the hood (with an inline fuse holder) to a distro block to 8 ga to run to the amps to terminals, RCA's and remote wire. Best part is it's really inexpensive for what you get.

Yea the Walmart kit works good for like $25. If you not running 2 high output amps that wamlmart kits works well. I have used it myself to do installs. But you might want to use a bigger ground than the 8 ga they give you. I always buy a piece of 4 ga for the ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.