Wiring Questions

Hondaluv
10+ year member

Ok here is my system:

HU: JVC KD-LH3150 4x50W@4ohms.

Front Stage: 2 Pioneer 3-way 6-1/2's in front doors, wired to HU for now.

Subs: 2 Infinity 12" single voice subs running 300wRMS/1200wPEAK @ 4ohms.

Amplifier: MTX Thunder801D running 500x/1 @2ohms or 250w/1 @ 4ohms.

Also running a 1.0 farad Rockford Fosgate Capacitor.

My trouble isn't with the fort stage or the HU. That's straight forward and installed. Sounds great in my 92 Civic Hatch btw. My trouble is with the subs. I am running a sealed fiberglass tirewell enclosure made by myself, hopefully as close to dimensions as possible. My problems are with the wiring. Should I run 2ohms or 4ohms? How would I wire those subs to that amp to get the most bang out of them? As for the RCA's/Cap I got that wiring figured out. All I need is a little help on wiring those 2 subs to that amp for the best response out of them. Thanks in advance guys.

It is easy. I will label your subs #1 and #2. Take the positive wire from your #2 sub and connect it to the terminals on the #1 sub. (pos to pos and Neg to Neg). Then run another wire from your amp to the same terminals on the #1 sub you hooked the #2 sub to. You want to bridge your amp and run it in mono. This is usually done by taking the wire from the #1 speaker and putting it into the right side + terminal on the amp, and running the - wire from the #1 sub to the left - terminal on the amp. It might be reversed depending on the amp. But that is a 2ohm load across the board

DO NOT TURN YOUR GAIN all the way up. Start off about 50% and work your way up. You may blow those speakers seeing they are 300 rms, and the amp will be pushing 500. I know it says 1200 peak, but that is a load of ****. Hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.