Would someone please explain my battery lol!

DiBonaventura
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok so today I went to start up my car and nothing worked. No lights nothing. I called up some guy to give me a jump start and we noticed the power cable to my amp came lose....He wired it back up to the fuse and there was a little spark sound and all of the lights came back on. I tried to start up my car and it worked! Someone please explain to me what happened here? Im running 800rms 1600 max... thanks!

Add a fuse before you catch your car on fire, check to make sure your terminals are tight

Edit- u do have a fuse, find out what was shorting out

Wire comes loose, loose wire touches metal, wires short out.
Definitely stranded from metal

Add a fuse before you catch your car on fire, check to make sure your terminals are tight
Definitely mentioned a fuse if you read the post

-EDIT What could possibly be shorting out? Im clueless on what the hell happened and that's why I came to here haha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

you was bout to burn ye car down do to a bad connection. always double check connections and secure your wiring. a 300amp fuse can stay arched for a while before it blows not every fuse is the same but they are generally designed with some headroom

Just hooking the power wire from the battery to my fuse started up my car... no jump needed

EDIT:

If my battery terminal comes loose (Power wireexplain? please //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

That’s what I thought you were saying. Most likely you have a loose or bad connection someplace. I would check the battery connections first. Your battery was not dead to begin with and while you were hooking up wires to your amp you probably jiggled the car around enough to make a better connection at the battery.

Clean the battery post and check for loose connections.

Yep, you have a connection issue somewhere. It is weird that reconnecting your amp would cause things to work again. This tells me that your amp is the connection to your charging system. The Amp should be an accessory to the charging system. Unplugging the power cable from your amp shouldn't have any effect on your car starting.

Check the connections from your alternator to your battery, the battery to the vehicles distribution block, and then the battery to the amp. Disconnect your ground first to prevent excess sparking. I would specifically remove the connections listed above, and hit them with a wire brush.

definitely a poor terminal connection, or someone wired your amp wire weird. actually, i have done this in the past: battery to aftermatket distro block---->run "a" to factory power distro&--->run "b" to amp. if you only have one wire to your battery positive, then this is what it is. you could even have one run strait to the styarter from the battery, and see 2 different things going to the fuse.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.