Would stock electrical system be ok?

Participant count
  • Participant list

omgi0wn
10+ year member

Colorado
Well, I'm think of running two 08' 12" Kicker L7's with a ZX1500.1 Kicker amplifier. I'll be getting my dads 2002 Ford Taurus Ses soon, and I was just wondering would I need to upgrade my alternator or anything, maybe get a second battery? Thanks!

Well, I'm think of running two 08' 12" Kicker L7's with a ZX1500.1 Kicker amplifier. I'll be getting my dads 2002 Ford Taurus Ses soon, and I was just wondering would I need to upgrade my alternator or anything, maybe get a second battery? Thanks!
What's the rating on your alternator? Also, is the current battery still the stock unit?

HO alt not really necessary but I would replace the factory battery and add a good second battery with some 1/0 ga wire. and do the BIG 3

Hmmm, well I believe it still has a stock battery. Could you guys point me in the direction of a good battery, and to a thread where I can see everything to know about what the Big 3 is and how to do it? Thanks!

i have almost exact same setup except i run two 1000.1 and not one 1500.1 mine does perfectly fine all i added was a secondary battery cus i run 3 amps total. ive never had a single electrical problem or voltage issue. you should be fine just make sure u run 1/0 wiring

So I shouldn't have to upgrade my taurus anj? Thanks for that, are you driving a taurus also? And I'd just hook the amps and subs up to everything with 1/0 guage wires yes, no upgrades really necessary besides a second battery? Also, how hard do your subs hit, and are they 12" l7's? Sorry for all the questions lol.

Hmmm, well I believe it still has a stock battery. Could you guys point me in the direction of a good battery, and to a thread where I can see everything to know about what the Big 3 is and how to do it? Thanks!
Big 3 upgrade

Look into Kinetic or Optima batteries. Fairly good batteries for the $, depending on which model you get of course

Thanks guys, I'll look into all of this. Also, anj, i looked at your sig and most of my questions were answered, just wondering how hard you subs hit and what should I tune my box to if I do follow through with this.

So I shouldn't have to upgrade my taurus anj? Thanks for that, are you driving a taurus also? And I'd just hook the amps and subs up to everything with 1/0 guage wires yes, no upgrades really necessary besides a second battery? Also, how hard do your subs hit, and are they 12" l7's? Sorry for all the questions lol.
ask as many as questions as needed. mine is in a 1994 ford tbird. my l7's pound like a son of a ***** i wont lie. ive never meterd it but u cant breathe in it and the flex makes every inch of the car look like jello. i would honestly recomend running two kicker zx 1000.1 amps(one per sub) instead of just one 1500.1 those l7's need atleast 750 rms per sub and that 1500.1 would be put to extreme work trying to run those 2 subs. do the two amps and u will not be dissapointed. ure electrical will be absoloutely fine just run the 1/0 wiring on all power feeds and that kinetik hc600 is very good for backup power and its really small and non spillable so it can fit alot of good places for easy storage.pm me if u have any questions

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.