Battery Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Grimmjoww

CarAudio.com Veteran
I see you guys referring to agm batteries quite a bit. Are they a special agm or the same ones I use in my bass boat for my trolling motor? I have a spare group 30 I was going to install for my winch. Would this be ok for extra amperage for the amplifier as well? Thanks

I see you guys referring to agm batteries quite a bit. Are they a special agm or the same ones I use in my bass boat for my trolling motor? I have a spare group 30 I was going to install for my winch. Would this be ok for extra amperage for the amplifier as well? Thanks
Yes, as long as it is 12v. I have heard not to mix with conventional (flooded) batteries. I have mixed them with no issues, but my systems have never been above 2,500 watts.
Oh, on another note; I have been told to not use solar charging batteries. That they will not have the same "oomph" (sic) as a starting battery.

Last edited:
Yes, as long as it is 12v. I have heard not to mix with conventional (flooded) batteries. I have mixed them with no issues, but my systems have never been above 2,500 watts.
Oh, on another note; I have been told to not use solar charging batteries. That they will not have the same "oomph" (sic) as a starting battery.
Right on, thx for the info. The battery in question is a deep cycle agm starting/trolling battery. I bought a couple last year when they were on sale.

Right on, thx for the info. The battery in question is a deep cycle agm starting/trolling battery. I bought a couple last year when they were on sale.
I've used that sort of thing for decades. Some are better than others but I think you'd be hard pressed to really notice a difference. Once you hit a point where you need more than a couple extras you should be looking into lithium.

I've used that sort of thing for decades. Some are better than others but I think you'd be hard pressed to really notice a difference. Once you hit a point where you need more than a couple extras you should be looking into lithium.
Right on, figured they were very similar as an agm is a type of battery. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...