suggestion of which Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener Mat?

Bought a box of amazon basic, not looking forward to installing it but not going to pay that kind of money a stereo shop wants.....
Start there, get that done & then think about system options...
***** nobody at this point is designing a box vehicle specific to the 24 tacoma...
No idea what I want to do, remove the back wall plastic panel & design or find prefabbed box that would work back there.
Or ditch the cargo tub under the back seat & design or find a pre fabbed box that would work there....
some shops suggested making a custom enclose that would fit in the cargo tub.
2 8's or 1 10....
baby steps at this point, no rush...

Bought a box of amazon basic, not looking forward to installing it but not going to pay that kind of money a stereo shop wants.....
Start there, get that done & then think about system options...
***** nobody at this point is designing a box vehicle specific to the 24 tacoma...
No idea what I want to do, remove the back wall plastic panel & design or find prefabbed box that would work back there.
Or ditch the cargo tub under the back seat & design or find a pre fabbed box that would work there....
some shops suggested making a custom enclose that would fit in the cargo tub.
2 8's or 1 10....
baby steps at this point, no rush...
Former SD (Mt. Helix/LaMesa) homeboy here. Have you joined any of the Tacoma specific forums? There is a lot of them and would be surprised if there weren't some builds out there that know of prefab boxes that may have been designed for 23/24 model years.

Former SD (Mt. Helix/LaMesa) homeboy here. Have you joined any of the Tacoma specific forums? There is a lot of them and would be surprised if there weren't some builds out there that know of prefab boxes that may have been designed for 23/24 model years.
I’m all over the forums…
People are improvising but nothing special..
Mt helix / la Mesa…huh…
I was an engine tech for drew ford for 30+ years, hence buying the Tacoma…😬

I’m all over the forums…
People are improvising but nothing special..
Mt helix / la Mesa…huh…
I was an engine tech for drew ford for 30+ years, hence buying the Tacoma…😬
Small world - when I moved with Fam to SD, lived in temp home off Morningside dr, right down the street from Drew Ford, too funny! That street may actually be gone for a roadway/freeway project that came through there, still, small world indeed.

Small world - when I moved with Fam to SD, lived in temp home off Morningside dr, right down the street from Drew Ford, too funny! That street may actually be gone for a roadway/freeway project that came through there, still, small world indeed.
(y) Crazy...
Inregards to the box & tacoma specific...
This year, the tacoma has been completely redesigned, back seat config is drastically different on the 24 vs the previous gen 23's....
I dont need anything crazy & shops can make a custom box....
But a prefab config would be easy.
Yes, skar & others may have a box for other trucks that may get me by.
Ive seen guys use the 23 tacoma JL audio stealth box designed to fit behind the seat, being used in a chevy colorado under the seat firing down with some spacers under it..
They lost the underseat storage....
That box is suppose to be phenomenal for the tacomas, but pricey at $1k...

Says it fits, but... could always ask, Dual 10's $239

Two excellent drivers with half a pound of Acousta-stuf per chamber dual 2 ohms wire toa 2 ohms load $698

Soundigital 3K at 2 ohms $280

lb of Acousta-stuf $27

$1244 plus tax, a wire kit and some sweat!

I just emailed them...
I dont think it will fit.
Sometimes theyre clueless about redesigns & they just throw ad a digit to the year to stay current, im assuming.
looks big....
not my truck, but same...
looking at the frame position & back wall, dont think behind the seat is an option.
Ill ditch the storage tub which is within the frame...
& few other shots…
Not the best truck for a system.
A shop I know wants to design a box out of fiberglass I think & install 2 jl 8’s 8w3vw taking up the entire tub. So why not just remove the tub…
The Jl in box in pic won’t work, remove seat belt to get it there.

Attachments

• D92EFF6E-FC3A-4A5B-B029-AC0265927097.jpeg
    D92EFF6E-FC3A-4A5B-B029-AC0265927097.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Image 5-2-24 at 8.14 PM.jpeg
    Image 5-2-24 at 8.14 PM.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Image 5-2-24 at 8.16 PM.jpeg
    Image 5-2-24 at 8.16 PM.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Image 5-2-24 at 8.16 PM (1).jpeg
    Image 5-2-24 at 8.16 PM (1).jpeg
    293.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Matt, that box isnt going to work, but ill put this out there.....

https://www.soundoffaudio.com/

Anyone in south Georgia, south Alabama, panama city area???
Matt wants to design us a legit box that will fit behind the seat....
Please get in contact with him, there are incentives.....
He needs a 2024 tacoma so he can design a box!
Either behind the seat or under....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...