1 FI Q vrs 2 15" Mach 5's @ 800Wrms

Ok...I have one soundless video //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I will have to borrow my brother in laws camera to get a video with sound. I'll do that on friday.

This is at 20 out of 34 volume. My xplod headunit wont let me go any further :p. I had to set gains at 22..so i always try to stay below that. Gains are sets around 3/4 with a dmm.

Having never heard the FI Q before I cannot give a propper comparison. I will say that 2 MAW 15's propperly ported off of 800rms will be extremely pleasing to the ear. Mine are sealed in a very small box off of 600rms and the output was very nice. They truely impressed me.

Ok...I have one soundless video //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I will have to borrow my brother in laws camera to get a video with sound. I'll do that on friday.
This is at 20 out of 34 volume. My xplod headunit wont let me go any further :p. I had to set gains at 22..so i always try to stay below that. Gains are sets around 3/4 with a dmm.

not bad

See my whole arguement of why I want the 15's is simple.

Right now, I swear that the pair of Orion 10" P series is the loudest most Punch your guts out , make your voice rattle, shake the steering colum, and bounce my freegin vans windshield wipers .. subwoofers I have out of the 7 pair of subs I have sitting in my house. My ONLY complaint is that you cannot hear them audibly very loud OUTSIDE the van !

If your in your house and I drive by , without question youll feel them pounding through the thickest of walls. You walk outside get near my van and you feel the ass , but you dont hear it very loud.

The single 15" Orion Xtr I ported at 35Hz is so **** loud you can hear the clearness of the bass blocks away. Yet inside the van as loud as they freegin get .. your guts arent getting rattled. It doesnt make my steering column bounce all over the place. These 10's make my steering wheel itself move !! I havent had anything ever make things move inside my vehicle like these pair of 10" P series Orions. NOTHING !!!

So It has brought me to the question.. CAN I GET LOUD OUTSIDE THE VAN .. like the single 15" xtr does, and yet have things inside the van move like hell..

These 10's make **** bounce that shouldnt be bouncing. THings I never thought subs would make not just rattle .. but bounce !

I can set my wal-mart spl meter down on the console (mind you this is a van, and subs are about 11ft from the dash) and it will bounce it around ! I put a 3liter Coca Cola on the roof and it will bounce it around.

As soon as I get my digital video camera Im going to share this with everyone, it by far is the loudest system I have owned (inside the car).

OUTSIDE of the vehicle .. like I said is my only complaint. I like that PUNCHY feeling of the 10, but love the outside loudness my 15 gives. So this is why I am going to add to my collection a pair of those 15" MAWs.

Put the 15 back in your van, so you can be heard from blocks away. Go the the zoo and "borrow" a grizzly bear, put him in the van. Your guts will get ripped apart. Now you have the best of both worlds. /Pointless thread

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

generalGOTCHA

10+ year member
Boyz in the Hood (EZE )
generalGOTCHA
San Antonio TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date