1 Kicker l7 Vs 2 Kicker L5's

dont focus so much on wattage. cone area, and box design mean much more
Agreed. Those kickers will not sound very good unless they are in a very good to spec box. Had my L5 in a cheapy pre-fab before I built my own and it is night and day. They are picky subs. Not sure what kickers are going for now but there are better subs on the market in the same price range.

i like the L7s but the only L5s ive ever heard sounded like a dookie baby bump hooked up to 1500 watts at 1 ohm just sounded like **** (could be his box though not sure)

There is no clear cut answer to thew question of is more cone area always better. In some cases it would be better to buy two cheaper subs, and work them half as hard. But in other cases, it would be better to buy one single higher quality sub, due to the increased performance of the motor design etc. In this case, Id probably choose the two L5's over a single L7.

There is no clear cut answer to thew question of is more cone area always better. In some cases it would be better to buy two cheaper subs, and work them half as hard. But in other cases, it would be better to buy one single higher quality sub, due to the increased performance of the motor design etc. In this case, Id probably choose the two L5's over a single L7.
Yes more cone is not always gunna be louder but in this case 200 more watts to one sub over having 2 subs with a little less power it will be...

Agreed. Those kickers will not sound very good unless they are in a very good to spec box. Had my L5 in a cheapy pre-fab before I built my own and it is night and day. They are picky subs. Not sure what kickers are going for now but there are better subs on the market in the same price range.
My kickers are in a **** prefab box and they sound like total ***.

OP are you set on buying Kicker or are you open to other choices? There are much better subs for the money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.