12" Fi Q vs Fi SSD vs...?

I was trying to keep my budget roughly within the range of my tax return + stimulus package (around $700). So even with the SSD I'll be going over a bit... but not by much.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

The biggest problem is that my sound system isn't the only thing I wanted to put my rebate check into...

I wanted to pick up a new gun soon too, and I'm looking around $350 for that...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Well, I'm going to just go with my gut on this one and get the SSD + copper coils.

Other than bragging rights, I doubt it'd make a whole lot of difference to me if I bought the Q. Maybe if I heard them side by side, but coming from a 300W Infinity Reference this is going to be a night and day difference no matter which sub I get.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Fi SSD 12" + copper coils has been purchased! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I can't friggin wait...

Now I just have to figure out how to safely cover my alternator power connection to finish the big 3.

Well, I couldn't take it... I had them switch my order from an SSD to a Q. If I'm going to spend $195 on a good sub I might as well have one of the best sounding subs on the market for $260. What can I say? I'm weak... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Also, I just finished my big 3 upgrade. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it'd be. This car is a dream to work on compared to my old Buick.

Here are some pics of the wires I added. The gigantic blue ones are obvious. Those are the new 1/0 gauge grounds. The red one is my 4 gauge amp wire running to my trunk.

photos027sbo6.jpg

photos030suv7.jpg

And this one is the new battery + to alternator + cable. The original is still there, just in case my new cable is shoddy for some reason my car won't die on me. The new one is marked with red arrows.

photos031sov6.jpg

I was surprised just how easy it was to make it look like it was supposed to be there. The original rubber boot from the alternator was a little snug but it fit and covers it perfectly. The wire loom was freakin huge compared to the stock loom, but it doesn't look too out of place.

Hey bud how did you like your new sub in that q-logic box? I have an SSD with copper coils and was looking into the same box. Where did you buy it?

You did the right thing...I don't care for the SQ of the SSD whatsoever, it is just a sloppy street beater if you ask me. Loud enough but sounds pretty sloppy. Then again I am an SQ guy and look for different things in my subwoofers than most of the crowd here. If you listened to nothing but rap, the SSD would be fine. But don't ask it to do too much with things get more complex. I think you will enjoy the Q much more.

Since you mentioned the Icon, I can speak on that if you need help. But the main focus of the topic is the SSD and Q. The SSD with Copper coil is a very good choice with that amplifier. The Q is an excellent choice also. Honestly, it is a win win, if you want a larger excursion sound quality biased sub, go for the Q, if you want a great all a-rounder the SSD is a safe bet. Both can get plenty loud and sound great in the proper box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.