12" IDQ v3 vs 10" boston G5. opinions please!

lookus

am starting a new thread because another one died. please move it if you have to.

i am deciding between these two subs. the boston is more expensive but i will buy it if i believe it is the better sub.

so, is it? and is it worth the 60% price increase over the IDQ12 v3.

i have an alpine 600w rms to drive either one.

front stage are focal polyglass 165vr. in a small extra cab pick-up.

i have the 10" boston on the list because the 12" is really too expensive so it has to be the 10" boston or the 12" IDQ. 12" IDQ is within my price range. I listen mostly to electronic music, but i want good SQ with good response and decent SPL. i have an opportunity to upgrade from a 10" type-r.

i had leaned toward the IDQ, but my retailer suggests the BOSTON. the thing is i can't seem to find any real info on it. it must be less popular than the IDQ's but is it a better one? most opinions on the IDQ seem good.

i have a 1^ ft box in which to fit the sub.

please let me know what you think.

i appreciate your replies and opinions.

Just get a pr for the G5 and you would never be happier. They both are very nice woofers and made for sq applications.
i'm sorry for my noobness, but what is a pr?

just to confirm. an IDQ 12v3 is an upgrade from a alpine type-r, right?

i really am a noob, sorry if my questions seem frivolous, i just want to be well informed.

pr = passive radiator

Which is even more $. Your retailer would love for you to mention that & get even more $ out of ya. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

Honestly the Type R will probably be louder, but it wont sound near as good.
i was hoping it would be just as loud. rated rms is about the same for all of them. but i believe that this does not mean everything. do you think there will be a big difference in max volume? i am happy to sacrifice a bit of volume for quality. as long it will sound better.

so it seems that the IDQ 12v3 is leading, yes?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

lookus

lookus
australia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
pjhabit