150db with 1000 watts?

Originally posted by 1SweetGT What subs and enclosure would I have to run to reach my goal. I know I have the right car to do it.

Also I want to stick with 2 12's
A Mustang GT? It would be easier to do it in a hatch...

Depends on what mic you want to do 150 on- if you are shooting for 150 on the new Termlab, you'll need more than 1kw of power IMO...

But, it can be done on an AC, depending on install.

2 12" SE's might get it done- but it wouldn't hurt to throw another 1kw at them...

The site is http://www.respl.com , but it is currently being redone- their phone # is on the page, however- I suggest giving them a call and ask them some ?'s...

Ah, sorry- but like I said- it's gonna be tough to do, depending on mic, and primarily the install...

SE's are probably the best choice, IMO at least...

you get loud with knowledge...

there isn't a woofer / amp / box combination out there that makes up for a lack of it..

is 150 db possible with 1000 watts? depends on the meter.. but sure it is....

can everybody do it? nope

you can pick any decent set of 12's.. and if you know how to design / build / install / run your system.. you'll always accomplish your goals..

Loyd L.

Originally posted by bigbassman you get loud with knowledge...

there isn't a woofer / amp / box combination out there that makes up for a lack of it..

you can pick any decent set of 12's.. and if you know how to design / build / install / run your system.. you'll always accomplish your goals..

Loyd L.
There it is from Mr. Miagi himself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by bigbassman you get loud with knowledge...

Loyd L.
as john said from the wise man himself and to true it is. hell i was only able to get the score i had with my woofer's b/c of loyd's help and his box design.

adam

speaking of L7s, i was recently talking to snova about this. I am trying to break 160. I am getting a cap for my truck, and have about 5gs to spend...that right..5 grand. I was thinking of 6 15 L7s, or maybe 12 10L7s..basically i can choose from the following brands, because my store carries them. JL, Kicker, Panasonic, Pioneer, Eclipse, Lightning Audio, Alpine, Sony, and i think thats it. I know there arent too many SPL sub applications to choose from, but thats what im workin with. REally REAALLY dissapointed from the juggies, and the solo Xs are too expensive and have no warrenty with them. So what do you all think i should do.>??

Originally posted by havoc06 speaking of L7s, i was recently talking to snova about this. I am trying to break 160. I am getting a cap for my truck, and have about 5gs to spend...that right..5 grand. I was thinking of 6 15 L7s, or maybe 12 10L7s..basically i can choose from the following brands, because my store carries them. JL, Kicker, Panasonic, Pioneer, Eclipse, Lightning Audio, Alpine, Sony, and i think thats it. I know there arent too many SPL sub applications to choose from, but thats what im workin with. REally REAALLY dissapointed from the juggies, and the solo Xs are too expensive and have no warrenty with them. So what do you all think i should do.>??
i think you should start your own thread. no seriously W7's can hand some ass to people, L7's can as well, the new Eclipse 18"s.

adam

well i think 12 10" would be sick, and theoretically will be louder, although u prob wont send each one the same wattage as a 15". Say u got 12 10"s, if ur goin competition ide say u need at least 12,000 watts, just puts it into perspective..yeh make a new thread... this should be fun..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.