15w6v1

BassManB
10+ year member

giggity giggity goo
well i got a w6v1 today for 40 bux... its not in the best condition... at all... it has a rip in the surround right around the edge. it also has the " saggy" thing goin on. i was told it was worth 40 dollars, but im just makin sure.i have a couple of questions. how much is it worth, whats the rms, and how big of a box should i use sealed? also how hard will it be to fix the surround

My 10's were reconed by JL for $80 each. Came back as brand new subs. Turn around was on the order of 3 weeks. Shoot JL an email and see if they are still reconing the older subs.

In its current state, I would say that it is worth $0. Its RMS power handling would be about the same: 0. Get it reconed and they sold for about $300 when new. You can download all the specs of JL's website.

I agree with helotaxi....from your description, it sounds like it's in pretty rough shape and not really worth much at all. I would definitely look into having it reconed.

k i email jl audio last night... how long does it usually take for them to reply? thanks for all of the help guys... whats ur estimates on how much a recone will be?

well the guy had another.... i went and traded him and this one is in better condition and its not saggy and the surround isnt ripped... it has the boob cone on it and well... ( 0 ) the 0 is where it says jl and the () is the black part... theres a tiny little whole in it... will this effect it at all???

i'd wait and see what JL said, i know the old w6 series was pretty badass for its time, if you can get it re-coned for a decent price, then i'd say you got a pretty good deal, BTW, im not sure if this helps, but i know the RMS handling fopr the 12w6's were 300, so i'd say for the 15 it would probobly be in the 400 RMS range.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BassManB

10+ year member
giggity giggity goo
BassManB
estill co. KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date