18" re xxx

if you want it to be an actual upgrade closer to 6 or 8 cubes... 4 cubes the coil wont take enough power to use the stupid amount of xmax the sub has.. Give it alot of room and some decent power (2kish) and it'll be sick. If your gonna give it little power or not use a very big box then skip it.

if you want it to be an actual upgrade closer to 6 or 8 cubes... 4 cubes the coil wont take enough power to use the stupid amount of xmax the sub has.. Give it alot of room and some decent power (2kish) and it'll be sick. If your gonna give it little power or not use a very big box then skip it.
And he said sealed.

Are we talking the old school RE XXX18's or the new crap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif I have two of the old school models and they like 4cu ft sealed
The new ones are not crap...Nothing wrong with them at all. That rumor started because of the look of the basket...What could be bad about a Fs: 15.6....About as low as you will ever see outside of the realm of home audio.

bfkeq0.jpg

VS.

2aiqa74.jpg

i prefer the 05's....

The 05' is a random Chinese wholesale dime a dozen POS just like the BTL's look at it...It's a fugging btl...The new ones have way more money invested in actual R&D and investment in custom basket/construction...They developed a good reputation with the old ones, and that created a devoted following...They are a better company now worth more money.

If I do decide to go with the XXX I am going to be going with a sealed setup. Enclosure will be as large as it can be to fit in the back of my 4runner. But first, I'd like to give my w6v2's another go with a bigger sealed box at around 4 cubes, which should give me a Q of around .707.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

newb

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
newb
los angles, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date