18 xxx in a 6 cu ft box in caddy trunk.

Participant count
  • Participant list

60_cent
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
atlanta, GA
I plan to run a single 18 xxx in my 92 caddilac deville. RE says that I will need at least 6 cu ft box tuned to 30 hertz.

I need to know if I will have enough room in my trunk for this box?

Is it possible to get a 7 cu ft box in my trunk. The trunk in my car is huge but RE seems to think that it will not work and that the 18's will only work in SUV's. Can anyone help... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Any enclosure experts out there that care to reply? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Where do I need to measure from?

What is the formula to figure out how many cubic?

Sorry but alot of this is new to me.

Ok, go to your trunk with a tape measure. Measure your lenght, width and height (shortest part in your trunk, like from the speakers magnet since its usually the shortest part). And make sure you make a square thats even, dont angle the measurements. Then with your L, W and H multiply them (LxWxH) then take that number and devide it by 1728 and theres the largest cubic feet.

Review...

LxWxH = _____ / 1728 = ______cuft

I drive a 93 coupe deville you can get well over the amount needed but you will have to face it towrds the trunk lid and in my opinion that is a waste.

I noticed that when I did the measurements.

Will facing the sub upward torwards the trunk lid make that big of a difference compared to facing the sub out?

I drive a 93 coupe deville you can get well over the amount needed but you will have to face it towrds the trunk lid and in my opinion that is a waste.
how is the trunk lid a waste if i might ask?? my 2nd highest score was with a pair of 12"s facing the roof of my SUV.

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.