1978 Chevy C10 Truck, I'll pay half shipping...

ace_800
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Item(s) for Sale:

1978 Chevy C10 Shortbed Truck

Truck is in Tucson, AZ where I am stationed

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Selling an good running all black 78 Chevy C10 shortbed. Its a 4 speed Saginaw Muncie SM465 manual trans. Has the original 350 that was rebuilt about 3 years ago. It has a Holley 650 carb, small cam, high rise air intake, headers msd ingition, 2 gas tanks but the drivers side need to be hooked up again. It has two flowmaster exhausts that come out the side, this beast is pretty loud. Engine doesn't leak at all. The front end has drop springs installed about a 3" drop, not sure on the brand. There is very little rust, none in the bed. I've only found 2 small quarter rust through the floor board on the drivers side, easy fix with a piece of sheet metal and a welder. I just haven't had time and am deployed.

Has a CD player and speakers in it that work. The dash and doors were starting to get worked on but I decided that I would rather fiberglass them and stopped. They are covered with a fabric and are not that bad looking. The tires have a good amount of tread left on them. The bed door has been shaved and the rear lights are blacked out. The hood scoop was fiberglassed on and the hood was cut, apparently it was too much air getting through and part of the hood was welded back on. Has a Hurst shifter, all the lights work. I have 2 sets of seats as well, bucket seats that were getting reupholstered soon so they have a set of light blue seats in it at the moment from a blazer or something.

The issue I've noticed with it since I've had it for about a month. Going past 45 makes it surge like its out of fuel. I've replaced all the ignition parts so its not an ignition issue. I believe it is the sock in the fuel tank being balled up. The fuel lines are good and the filter has been replaced. could be the carb needing rebuilt too. I might be able to get the carb rebuilt before shipping it....maybe. I just don't have the time or tools to drop the tank to get to the sock. The lights work, but there is a short cause when you turn on the headlights the gauges loose power. No A/C, the parts aren't even there. Glovebox is loose. Runs great besides that, clutch feels good, not loose or anything.

I'm taking a loss on this but I need to finish out my GTO first.

Price:

2600 shipped!!!!! I might be flexable with a small trade and cash. Looking for 2 8's for the new ride in Aug.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Shipping will depend on your state and depending on our agreement will be paid by both parties or just one. Will be trailer'd to your house directly.

Item Pictures:

truckfront.jpg

truckside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
man if only I didnt live in cali or this was '75 or older I'd definitely be interested. Nice truck. Glws
73-78 are the same style body...interior and exterior are pretty much the same....this body style was basically unchanged till the 80's.....somewhere in there i think 81 they got rectangle headlights....72 and older had a diffrent body style..

Sorry truck is in AZ.

This is what I was told by a smog place I called

"Just have all the stock parts on it and have it tuned up and running good(no dead cylinders). If its an out of state truck they will have you take it to a Referee to verify its all intact and they will pass you."

Truck was just tuned in Jan. New plugs, cap, rotor, filters, oil change, all the ignition parts. She doesn't spit fumes or smoke. No leaks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ace_800

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
ace_800
Okinawa, Japan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies