2 12's or 1 15?

Participant count
  • Participant list

PatFitz9
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Chicago
I have been pretty set on getting 2 12" RL-p's. however, lately I have been thinking of getting one 15 or even an 18. maybe getting an RE SX, or one of the used subs on this site. ie. some of the hybrid 15's or a XXX. i am trying to keep it around $400. what do you think would be loudest, while still keeping some SQ. I haven't heard any of these subs in person, so people who have heard em, let me know what you think.

I am not looking to compete at all, just something for my daily driver. the amp would be a Kenwood Excelon KAC-X810D ~1000 RMS @ 1 ohm. i would probably go ported with any of the subs. and i listen to a wide variety of music. mostly rap and hippie music with some classic rock thrown in there. yes thats a weird combo, but whatever. i like it all.

get the rlp's best sound quailty out of xxx and defiently sx and the 12" compared to a 15" or 18" so it has that advantage for sq. And will probaly get the loudest with 1000 watts maybe a 18"sx might get louder but doubt it and the xx defiently wouldn't with that amount of power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

PatFitz9

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
PatFitz9
Chicago
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date