2 DVC drivers with Voice Coils in Series / Parallel

Participant count
  • Participant list

Raisedin305
5,000+ posts

Banned
Miami,FL
OK I have two 15" Kicker L7s DVC 2. I want to get a 2ohm load. I think I know how to do it I just have a question. Could I just run a 12gauge wire from each positive (positives with the white dots) of each sub and when they meet to connect on the positive on the amplifier just twist them together and put them into the amplifier? Could I do the same for the negatives? Then I know I run a 12gauge wire from each - to + on each sub just like in the pic.

You sound confused. Just wire it like that picture and like this one. Don't do anything different.
No, I understand how to wire it...but you see how it goes - to - then to amplifier and + to + and then to amplifier? Could I just run two wires from each sub going to the amp and when they meet at the amplifier twist them together and hook them up to the amp?

So I would run a wire from 1 subs - another wire from the other subs - and twist them together and hook them into the amplifiers - and then run 1 wire from 1 subs + and another wire from the other subs + and twist the wires together and connect them into the amplifiers +.

go from + on the amp to + on one sub, then from that sub to + on the other sub

go from - on the amp to - on one sub, then from that sub to - on the other sub

then connect the other + and - on each sub together

So I would run a wire from 1 subs - another wire from the other subs - and twist them together and hook them into the amplifiers - and then run 1 wire from 1 subs + and another wire from the other subs + and twist the wires together and connect them into the amplifiers +.
Yes, it's exactly the same thing schematically. Don't forget the (+) to (-) jumpers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.