sub-FATHER
10+ year member

Resurecting this sport
denver, CO.
there will be the show down in colorado springs on FRIDAY NIGHT, july 16th

at the Drive-In-Autosound

show starts at 6pm

not sure on entry fee, But heard its a great turn out

Sunday July 18th, at the RED N JERRYS in Englewood (santa fe and oxford)

the 5150 show will also be a huge Car show with stereo boom off (True spl) and (Basscontrol)

True spl = is loudest spot in the vehicle in front of the b pillers.

Basscontrol = 3 classes 129.9 139.9 149.9

there will be two seperate events for the Stereo part of the show. R.I.P. will be running that aspect of the show.

entry will be 25 or 30$ and that will cover both events.

well you can go down to the usaci event which gives you a foot tall trophy, and charge you 40$ for each event, and then make you drive 220 miles.

OR

you can come to the 5150 show in your own back yard and compete in 2 seperate events for $30 dollars. and win a huge bad ass trophy and have some real competition... there will be three classes for spl

single sub - 2 12s

2 15s up to 3 12s

3 15s and up

And there will be Basscontrol three classes, and all matches are 2 out of 3

but you saw how good the last 2 day usaci show went. woo hooo.... big trophys (1in tall) and hig amaroooo.

I think I screwed myself for USACI with Box being over window line, too many things modded etc. I'd probably end up in James' Wall class or something with my luck. Too many rules for me right now, maybe next year for USACI.

Hey James i'm probably gonna need another batt for this show, you still got them?

i got em...

and you'll have your chance to become a world champ drew when the new SPL League starts next year. except this one wont be a racket! if you want recognition for your system and ability to build you will have your chance. there will be no more of these one note wonders. its time for Car Stereos to come back. and its time to find out who has the baddest all around systems in their classes. maybe you can set a world record for Loudest DBs at a specific frequency on a single sub.

yes.... and you will get recognition as you would with all the other sports. name in the record books, etc.... and it will be competitive again to find who has some of the baddest all around systems on the planet. But of course there will be a PSPL (PURE SPL) section for those aiming for the highest possible numbers ( it wont matter how the number is achieved, as long is its done with a subwoofer and amplifer.) there is going to be a TSPL (TRUE SPL) where the mic is placed anywhere in front of the SEATS where you think the system will produce its loudest possible SPL score, and there will be seperate classes for this.there will be a 30sec average on music called BASSCONTROL 129.9 139.9 149.9 159.9 2 out of 3 runs. head to head racing to determine who has the best control of their system. AND i will have a DISTURBING THE PEACE AWARD at every show! For Loudest SPL score outside the vehicle and at the end of the year all winners will compete for the championship.

does this sound like something you would like to compete in?

not bad but how are you doing the classes? personally i liked the power wattage classes best it allows people with multiple subs to be in a more competitive class especially if they only have 3000k or less. also you doing a seprate wall class and truck classes as well?

PSPL (pureSPL) will be two classes only

1.) Vehicle class

2.) port class

these are designed to find the LOUDEST possible SPL in both.

My favorite is the coveted DISTUBING THE PEACE AWARD!

nope. the vehicle section is for those that have concrete machines built for just a burp

and the Port section is a loudest port period! and doesnt matter how you do it as long as its a subwoofer powered by an amplifier.

and the disturbing the peace award will go to whoever is loudest outside the vehicle at every show. and the mic will be placed on a swivel unit allowing rotation, (more on that later)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sub-FATHER

10+ year member
Resurecting this sport
sub-FATHER
denver, CO.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date