SOLD 2 TC Sounds 12" TC2 Subwoofers. Blown

Trancer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Allen, Texas
I have two TC Sounds TC1000's. They are both blown because I had the wrong screws in my downfiring box in my truck, so they wiggled loose and went free air. I was planning on repairing them and building a ported box for my HT setup, but I just dont have the time nor do I have the HT knowledge to make it properly.

They have different baskets. One has the 12 spoke basket and the other has the 4 spoke basket. Other than that, they are identical, from what Thilo says at TC Sounds. They are both single 4 ohm voice coil subwoofers.

Cosmetically, they are an 8.5 out of 10. Just need to be reconed. They would work perfectly for a HT or car audio setup.

If you know TC Sounds, then you know the TC2+ motor is a very sought after motor that offers the lowest distortion out of most subs if not any sub. They are built to handle 500 watts rms, but people have easily thrown 1000 watts rms at these without a problem. I had my Tantrum 1200.1 at them and they wanted more power. Just cleaning out my closet.

I have been on the message board since early 2002 and have made over 20 deals on the message board.

$80 shipped per sub

or

$150 for both shipped.

View attachment 26521544

View attachment 26521543

View attachment 26521542

View attachment 26521541

$100 shipped? I wouldnt make any profit. Sorry, but Ill have to decline. Give me a little profit for my troubles of shipping off 40+ pounds worth of subwoofers. I know you are trying to make a deal, but I could repair them and sell them for $150+ Shipping per sub.

I guesss Im just going to ship them the Thilo this weekend and have him repair them.

60 shipped on the one with the 12 spoke basket?

Good luck with Thilo. He's in China till end of December. And everything is built in China now so soon, there will not be anymore recones unless you buy a top assembly.

Yeah, I have been talking to Thilo. He is to be back in the states in the next couple weeks with the recone products. Im firm on my pricing. Id make $20 profit off of that sub for $60. Its going to cost me atleast $30-40 to ship this monster.

Listen, I know you are trying to get the deal of a century over here, but $80 alone just for a TC2+ motor is worth it, then add in the basket.

Oh really? You dont think so? I have shipped plenty of woofers and from Texas to Winsonsin, will cost about $30-40. Sorry, I dont use USPS. I never ship anything fragile through them. Its either UPS or FedEx. I know how to ship Woofers. Click on the link I have in my signature in my references: Insomniac119

Yes, they may be the smaller motor, but they are also the lowest distortion rated motor around. Im not here to get in a battle with you. $150 for both of these are a **** good deal. If you dont think so, then make me a better off then something that is going to cost me more than shipping then actual profit. I dont HAVE to sell these. But I am also being fair on my price.

And Inferno, if you got any tricks that I can ship a subwoofer 2000 miles away for lower than $30 a subwoofer, please let me know. Shipping prices have gone up. You can thank gas prices plus many other reasons.

I do know that shipping prices have shot up. That's why I switched to USPS. I always pack items extremely well and I have never had an item break in transit with any company.

Dallas to waterloo, IA - USPS - $17 + del confirm + insur = ~$21

That's a box 14x14x8 and 20 lbs.

No offense or anything.

I didnt know you were interested. I was referring to the gentleman who is interested from Wisconsin. But like I said, I hate USPS. Their tracking system is horrible and I have had so many packages lost or rerouted to Kentucky, twice! On two separate occasions. They were just suppose to go from Oklahoma City to Dallas. Overnight. I got them in 6 business days. Never got the refund back either.

And no offense, but I have received shipping quotes from them before. They are off on their shipping quotes everytime I go. They are atleast $10 higher everytime I shipped with them. I would print out the lable, take it to the USPS store, they would weight it, take demensions, and say that it would be extra because the label is incorrect. Never had that problem with UPS or FedEx. I just dont like using USPS to ship packages of that weight or value. Letters and documents, fine. But still, their tracking system is stone aged. I had a package sitting on my doorstep behind my bush for 2 days before it finally showed up as delivered. I sure could have used my medication a couple days earlier. (I forgot my medication at my parents' house in Oklahoma.)

But thank you. If the purchaser is willing to go with USPS, then I will knock off $10, but if the price goes up, the next subwoofer will go back up to original price. That is if I sell individually.

I just got done talking to Thilo. He is ready for me to ship him the subwoofers, so I am thinking of having him fix them, ship them back, and have myself one crazy insane HT setup. I already have a pair of 1990's Technics tower speakers with a 1" tweeter, 4 1/2" midrange and a white coned 12" sub in each tower. Add that to my 6 1/2 ported sub that adds to the higher low end frequency's and I have a rather surprising Pioneer 8" ported 100 watt Subwoofer I got from Best Buy. Ill probably rearrange my stereo. I have a home theater room I have been itching to build. The TC Sounds 12's will more than likely go in there then buy some Paradigm speakers all around, powered by my Denon AVR-791 and Technics receiver to push the towers in the living room.

Really? Do you really have to come in here and bomb my sale here? Ok, maybe I should have reworded it.

"They are some of the lowest distortion rated motors around."

Is that better? Im sure a PM would have been a bit more respectable to someone who has been on this board for nearly 9 years. Thanks Buddy. I would have expected a little more from someone who is local and as many post as you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.