2 Years after installation, shrill noise when not enough power is being used

Participant count
  • Participant list

wcarwile

BACKGROUND:

To start, I have a Pioneer FH-X720BT head unit (2.5 yrs old), an MB Quart OA1100.5 amplifier (2.5 yrs old), Polk Audio DB6501 component speakers (5.5 yrs old) and an Infinity Reference 1262W Sub (2.5 yrs old) all installed in a 2012 Camry I purchased 2 years ago. This is the second car I have installed custom audio in myself without any issues... until now.

PROBLEM:

When I drive to work (30 mins) I have no problem whatsoever. When I drive longer than 30 minutes, my speakers will start to make a strange shrill/high pitched/static noise that ramps up in volume, never getting THAT loud, during quiet parts in my music (beginning/ends of songs). Once the sub starts to kick, the noise will go in and out, opposite of the subwoofer, and once in the middle of a song, when there is constant noise, it will go away entirely.

I have found that turning off the head unit and amp stops the noise, but adjusting the volume on the head unit has no effect. I also found that if the noise starts to occur, I can turn on my brights and it will stop. Once I turn them off the noise will begin to build back up.

It never reaches an uncomfortable decibel volume, it is just a very unpleasant and irritating noise.

I would describe it as a noise that only happens when my stereo system is not drawing enough power.

I'm bad at words, but if anyone took the time to read this and has any idea what may be wrong, I would love for some feedback!

Thank you so much in advance!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.