2002 bmw help

Participant count
  • Participant list

TrIgZ
10+ year member

a guy just called me about switching the speakers out in his 2002 bmw 325ci he said its a 10 speaker system i cant find what size speakers are in his car now online. also he said theres some kind of thing where you cant just hook any speaker up i dont know i havent looked at it yet i was just wondering if anyone else has done this car and if they have any advice thanks alot

you need to do a complete bypass of the amp and run to the speakers direct using the head unit or prefer a 4 ch amp.

try to find a way you can feed the low level rca and splice into the stock amp and keep it since it is a decent setup unless you willing to pour some good money for speakers, amps, tweets and labor

so pretty much the easiest way would be to run an aftermarket cd player and amp. why cant you just swap the factory speakers with aftermarket ones

things to understand...the hk system in those vehicles is designed to function as is....replacing speakers unless adding aftermarket amplification is going to sound like ass especially if your are simply replacing the mids up front. Speaker impedance needs to remain the same with the aftermarket speakers if retaining the factory amplifier....only drop in speakers that exist for this situation are the kits from bavarian soundworks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.