2002 Ranger: Lifted on 33's

nice truck, but your grandparents shitty camry will last longer than your truck

Actually, my grandpa's '87 Ranger was running just fine at 220k. Properly maintained, these little trucks run for a loooong time. Plus, he doesn't exactly have the kind of ground clearance I'm looking for.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Why lift a 2WD vehicle?
NG

for me...

2wd was a lot cheaper at the dealership

a lot easier to lift (spindles)

a lot cheaper to lift

spindle for 2wd is 300

same lift (4") for a 4x4 is in the 1k-2k dollar ranger (superlift)

plus i love 2wd offroading

Regear it and lock it, and I'll be able to handle alot of the terrain in my area. It's easy to jump on the "Why lift a 2wd?" bandwagon with little or no knowledge about what you are talking about.
Just buy a 4wd, and be able to do all that anyways without spending more $$$ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Just buy a 4wd, and be able to do all that anyways without spending more $$$ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
What are you, 16? My parents bought me this truck. So considering I haven't spend more than $2500 on the lift, tires, wheels, new gears, locker, and installation costs, I think I'm doing fine. It would have cost just that much for the lift and tires with a 4x4. So no, it wouldn't be cheaper, *** rag.

ehhh...for the offroading i do a 4x4 is USELESS

i'm not a mudbogger..i'm more into the prerunning scene. Dirt trails and such.

trust me...2wd trucks locker are absolutely disguisting off road.

even when i take my dads z71, which is 4x4, off road (he cranked t bars and stuffed 32's) i never touch 4x4 unless i get stuck or am going in a HUGE mudhole. which is stupid anyways because you are GOING to bury your truck. Why bother

I've never gone anywhere where I said, **** i wish i had a 4x4 so i could go down/up that trail. NEVER...florida just doesn't have trails like that

plus the $ is a HUGE issue

and a lifted and locked 2wd > than a stock 4x4

my friend has a rcd lifted (5.5") ranger and i go out w/ him in the z71 and he rips through more stuff than me. and i have 32's (not stock) and 4x4. he's just a little 2wd ranger and he gets through **** i would never dream of

i've burried the z71 before...and the lifted/locked ranger is the one who *helped* pull me out. we tried pulling out first then he nudged me out and i burried myself again...then we just used a come-a-long

if you just jump to the conclusion that 2wd are useless offroad...you are a noobx at offroading

you shouldn't jump to conclusions and argue with 2 people who know offroading very well. especially 2wd off roading...

well, i'm going to stop ranting and raving...it's only a 2wd truck afterall //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Have you seen the Ranger Truckin' featured called PreRunner or something like that? Was silver and yellow ...

Looks like you're on the way to something similar - I like that stance.

i gotta check that out
It was in a past issue - I'll try and go through the box I have here and try and find it tonight. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

jrpro130 is my hero. People just don't understand. Have any suggestions on a good locker? I've seen the Detroit... and that's about it. I have yet to get too far deep into the research without first gathering the needed cash.

When I clicked on it, I thought it was going to be on 33" wheels, and look hideous //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That's a very nice looking truck.
Yea lol i htought itw as gonna be rims.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.