2002 Silverado

SilverSquared
10+ year member

Fat guy on the GROUND.
For starters, I'll go into my vehicle.... I have an '02 Silverado Extended cab. Has a full cadillac escalade conversion. By full...I mean front end, hood, fenders, grille, bumper, ENGINE (LQ9), Transmission, rear end with dual piston discs, 3.73 posi, fuse panel in dash and under hood, also the ECU, full interior from dash to seats, steering wheel, bose lux sound, console, floormats, door panels, door handles outside, and even the adjustable foot pedals. Everything from a 2005 Escalade, except tail lights, thats '05 Silverado.

I removed the navigation unit and door speakers. I have installed a JVC KW-V41BT. That feeds into a pair of db drive okur a7 amps. One for doors is an A7 75.4 and the one for subs is the A7 1500.1. For front doors I have American Bass VFL65MB, and Massive Audio DT-05 tweets. To split their frequencies I have a pair of Polk db passive crossovers. Rear doors have American Bass SQ65 coaxials. For the subs I have a pair of American Bass XD65s.

I wanted something small, but effective. Back in '03 I had a transmission enclosure in an '88 Mazda B2200 with a pair of kicker IMPULSE 12s. Yea, that trash. Took up my ENTIRE extra cab. I had them on my Orion 250 HCCA. I tell you this...I was very very impressed with their output. Therefore, I have always wanted another transmission enclosure.

In my silverado I had a generic sealed downfire box that I closed off the bottom and put the XDs facing out the front. Box was literally double the size it needs to be. So I needed either 2 more XDs for 4 6.5s in general. I like the DD and WDX 6.5s, but didnt want to spend that much. I actually think I will buy 4 Pyle Powers and see how they sound. Box will get a port in the rear. Anywho....

I saw CSCStang does excellent enclosures, INCLUDING Transmission, or T-Line boxes. So I contacted him and told him my story, what I have, and what I would like. He responded in the same night to inform me that not only does he have the same body style truck, but also the same little sub. So he builds himself a box to test the theory of an underseat transmission enclosure.

And it was nice he claimed! So...with that...we discussed finishing and such, and he built 2 more for me. So..I got them in yesterday (7-20) and threw them in. I dont have my amp rack built as of yet, but its in the process. I put my rear seat back in today, and I like how they sound. I am extremely impressed! I cant explain how much I enjoy hearing these little subs pound! Here's some pictures..... Chris, I hope you dont mind....

20150709_214855_zpsctkori6o.jpg

During construstion...

20150709_214836_zps4ls1akp5.jpg

Test fitting the sub...

20150709_214827_zpsiqdlwvre.jpg

The test listen in his truck...

0721151920_zpsp4iiqf5o.jpg

Both loaded enclosures in my truck...

20150606_140412_zpsppzpnkdq.jpg

And this is the truck that has the gear. 22" LTZ (Texas Edition) wheels on a 2/4 drop...

Hey man, giving credit where it's due! Excellent work, and super fast at it!

I have a duracell side and top post battery in the stock location (behind driver headlight) and am putting another on the passenger side. Just to have 2 batteries. (for future stuff)

Next box...might be for 1 single sub in a transmission enclosure, but 15" or larger.

just a heads up, i bought one of the pyle power 8's and the magnet FELL OFF after playing for 5 mins on 200w...
Lol that's awesome id like to see what would happen on over 1k to each

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just a heads up, i bought one of the pyle power 8's and the magnet FELL OFF after playing for 5 mins on 200w...
Crud..I want it to sound good enough to sell for $250ish. LMAO

I just dont wanna toss this box out, and I doubt anyone will buy it with 2-6.5 holes in the front.

Maybe I'll go with the Audiopipe single 4ohm 6.5s.

Doesnt matter, I wont change out what I got for it. Just to sell.

Cadillac clip... I dont like those conversions, but sure asss helll love the color and rims.
Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

I didnt care for them much either, but this one came with a lot more than the hood, grille, and bumper, lol.

And being it was done by a lead mechanic at a local shop (Christian Brothers), Im pretty confident it wont

die on me, lol.

For starters, I'll go into my vehicle.... I have an '02 Silverado Extended cab. Has a full cadillac escalade conversion. By full...I mean front end, hood, fenders, grille, bumper, ENGINE (LQ9), Transmission, rear end with dual piston discs, 3.73 posi, fuse panel in dash and under hood, also the ECU, full interior from dash to seats, steering wheel, bose lux sound, console, floormats, door panels, door handles outside, and even the adjustable foot pedals. Everything from a 2005 Escalade, except tail lights, thats '05 Silverado.
I removed the navigation unit and door speakers. I have installed a JVC KW-V41BT. That feeds into a pair of db drive okur a7 amps. One for doors is an A7 75.4 and the one for subs is the A7 1500.1. For front doors I have American Bass VFL65MB, and Massive Audio DT-05 tweets. To split their frequencies I have a pair of Polk db passive crossovers. Rear doors have American Bass SQ65 coaxials. For the subs I have a pair of American Bass XD65s.

I wanted something small, but effective. Back in '03 I had a transmission enclosure in an '88 Mazda B2200 with a pair of kicker IMPULSE 12s. Yea, that trash. Took up my ENTIRE extra cab. I had them on my Orion 250 HCCA. I tell you this...I was very very impressed with their output. Therefore, I have always wanted another transmission enclosure.

In my silverado I had a generic sealed downfire box that I closed off the bottom and put the XDs facing out the front. Box was literally double the size it needs to be. So I needed either 2 more XDs for 4 6.5s in general. I like the DD and WDX 6.5s, but didnt want to spend that much. I actually think I will buy 4 Pyle Powers and see how they sound. Box will get a port in the rear. Anywho....

I saw CSCStang does excellent enclosures, INCLUDING Transmission, or T-Line boxes. So I contacted him and told him my story, what I have, and what I would like. He responded in the same night to inform me that not only does he have the same body style truck, but also the same little sub. So he builds himself a box to test the theory of an underseat transmission enclosure.

And it was nice he claimed! So...with that...we discussed finishing and such, and he built 2 more for me. So..I got them in yesterday (7-20) and threw them in. I dont have my amp rack built as of yet, but its in the process. I put my rear seat back in today, and I like how they sound. I am extremely impressed! I cant explain how much I enjoy hearing these little subs pound! Here's some pictures..... Chris, I hope you dont mind....

20150709_214855_zpsctkori6o.jpg

During construstion...

20150709_214836_zps4ls1akp5.jpg

Test fitting the sub...

20150709_214827_zpsiqdlwvre.jpg

The test listen in his truck...

0721151920_zpsp4iiqf5o.jpg

Both loaded enclosures in my truck...

20150606_140412_zpsppzpnkdq.jpg

And this is the truck that has the gear. 22" LTZ (Texas Edition) wheels on a 2/4 drop...
God I wonder how these sound... I know I'm pretty impressed in the 25-40hz coming from my 2 8's but I just got my Tacoma back from the body shop

Yesterday and feels good to hear the fi ssd 10 again... Tuned quite a bit higher but I think I'll be having Chris build me another custom for this truck too

I was checking out how my fiberwerks fenders were gonna line up

5de76c06cb216e81a8a2a44da58c4fce.jpg

9d54cb7b18c9bac4d7da629f246f5ffd.jpg

509bf2b6e7bcb3007e5e27303ede5985.jpg

Never personally seen this conversion before... Looks interesting

I had a d21 nissan hardbody stepside. Fenders came from 4x4parts.com I bought the bedsides and chopped 8" out of the middle of the bed, redid mounting points, and put these bedsides on.

Best fiberglass work I did...even tho it was just bolt on, LMAO! This is what the fenders looked like, but mine werent protruding so far, just 3" on each side.

F110559373.jpg

I had a d21 nissan hardbody stepside. Fenders came from 4x4parts.com I bought the bedsides and chopped 8" out of the middle of the bed, redid mounting points, and put these bedsides on. Best fiberglass work I did...even tho it was just bolt on, LMAO! This is what the fenders looked like, but mine werent protruding so far, just 3" on each side.

F110559373.jpg
I can't even remember I think these are 3.5.

I've got a fiberglass guy lined up he builds fiberglass boxes locally and has a lot of partial fiberglass cars... From a lambo kit car he did out of a porche boxter.. He had a 94 viper.. Still has his 94rx7 had a 400hp crx corvettes yada yada think he will do a great job lining up my fenders and body also filling pits and cracks in the gelcoat not to impressed with fiberwerks I may add

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.