2004 silverado wiring harness

johndoe1234
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Mesa, AZ
I just bought an 04 silverado and it has the stock cd player in it... I am having a hard time finding a wiring harness for it. Anyone have any suggestions on where to find one?

Ive tried crutchfield and various other websites and nobody seems to have them. **** best buy and autozone cant even find them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Any help is appreciated

Just incase they try to talk you into it. YOU REALLY DONT NEED IT!!!!!!

The guy I went to is REALLY shady. He will try try to make a quick dollar off any unsuspecting noob. Unfortuntaley, its the people like that, that ruin it for the good guys just tryng to run a business. I only went there bc no one else had one.

Just incase they try to talk you into it. YOU REALLY DONT NEED IT!!!!!!
The guy I went to is REALLY shady. He will try try to make a quick dollar off any unsuspecting noob. Unfortuntaley, its the people like that, that ruin it for the good guys just tryng to run a business. I only went there bc no one else had one.
I went in and they said theyll have them tmro... I wont pay that much just to keep the door chime.

I went in and they said theyll have them tmro... I wont pay that much just to keep the door chime.
It isn't JUST the door chime. If you have onstar, you'll lose it. You also run a chance of losing any info displays.

However, most silverado's seem to be bare bones so a regular harness will work. The only thing is that there is no accessory power in the harness, so you're gonna have to find a source.

It isn't JUST the door chime. If you have onstar, you'll lose it. You also run a chance of losing any info displays.
However, most silverado's seem to be bare bones so a regular harness will work. The only thing is that there is no accessory power in the harness, so you're gonna have to find a source.
Its the work truck model 4.3l 5 speed... It has no power windows or locks and no onstar. What do you mean by info displays?

And where can i find a wire for the accessory power?

Ok i have no ****ing idea where to look now... I tried two different harnesses from a local shop and neither worked... Anybody have anymore suggestions?

Will chevy sell me the harness without the bypass ********?

Im seriously thinking about just hard wiring the *****... I know its a bad idea but this is starting to piss me off

Plottin,

I'm installing a aftermarket radio into a friends '04 silverado 1500 and I have a couple of questions for you.

1. The truck does not have onstar or bose system, plain jane factory radio with a cd player. Did the wire harness you mentioned above work?

2. can you explain/show how to wire directly to the fuse box under the hood.

I've done a few installs and feel I know what I'm doing, I just over think things sometimes. Also, the friend is a 65 year old guy who is just anal about things and I don't want to F something up or I would never hear the end of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.