|| 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Build - First System Help ||

Participant count
  • Participant list

andrew-fgcu

Hello everyone,

So it's finally time I decided to get my first sound system. Right now I'm driving a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with the upgraded Infinity sound system (nothing special, it comes upgraded when you buy the car). I've been doing some research and have been really interested in the Sundown Audio Subwoofers. I'm open to other brands - I just want to hear your guys' opinions on what subs, box, wires, and amps you think would work best with my Jeep. I'm really looking for a system that will "bang" and turn some heads.

A few things to note is I'm in college currently so I don't have all the money in the world but I will pay for quality. It's my first system so I haven't had time to fool around with different types of subs. Another thing is my Jeeps trunk area is pretty big so it could fit a big box, however I need some trunk space as I do play sports and need to fit my gym/hockey bag. What subs (2-12's or 1-15)/what amp/and box specs do you guys recommend? I'm looking for a solid setup to start up with and get it professionally installed at a local shop.

In addition, what do you guys recommend for the best tune for a box? I really like low bass, but still have good sound quality.

Let me know what you guys think,

Thanks!

Sundown's SA 12s are a pretty nice. In a properly sized and ported box, they can hit pretty well on a 1,200 watt amp. You could look at SoundQue amps to start with. Also, look in the classifieds for some amps + subs. It could save you some money. You could also look at the SSA subs, or SoundQue.

Are you planning on building a box or having a box built to the specs of whatever sub(s) you choose? If you were looking at a prefab box, don't. If you don't think you can build a box or don't want to, look around on the forum. There's probably someone near you, from here, who can build you a nice box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.