(3) 18" D1 Subs ---> .67 or 1.5ohm final... audiopipe power??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Qxxx4

Banned
Ca
Looking to upgrade to 3 AQ HDC318's. Wiring them all together is gonna be a tad odd though....

27206979.jpg

.67 and 1.5ohm final....

Theres a local selling 2 AP30001D's. But I dont know what wiring options I would have strapping those amps and what load it would give, since there already strapped inside the case and hell I dont even know if the AP's are strappable.

What should I go with here.... I want 5-6k power

Hey man, the AP3000's are not strappable. You may want to step up to the AP3500's since they are indeed strappable if you are looking for 5-6k for power. You may be able to get away with running 1 AP3000 on the subs wired to 1.5 ohm since the amp is stable to 2 ohm, but you may not want to chance it since the rating does state not to go below 2 ohms. Someone else that has first hand experience may be able to tell you what the AP3000 will tolerate. The AP3500's are stable to 1 ohm so the second option would also be optimal for strapping a pair of those. Each amp would see .75 ohms if strapped together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.