(3) JL 12w6v1's

lionel2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
PA
Would (3) JL 12w6v1 with 500w rms to them be louder than (3) RE SR12's with 800w rms to them?? Cause i am thinking getting the SR12's...but before i buy them i would like to know if i will gain more bass and what not for the switch. I have had the JL's since 2005 they are mint in a ported..umm...7 cube box about. I mean for 3 new SR12's they are $130 a piece...i wonder if it is worth all the hassle and the money...i dont really wanna buy a new amp for my JL's and put like 1000w rms to them. Let me know what you think. thanks.

Would (3) JL 12w6v1 with 500w rms to them be louder than (3) RE SR12's with 800w rms to them?? Cause i am thinking getting the SR12's...but before i buy them i would like to know if i will gain more bass and what not for the switch. I have had the JL's since 2005 they are mint in a ported..umm...7 cube box about. I mean for 3 new SR12's they are $130 a piece...i wonder if it is worth all the hassle and the money...i dont really wanna buy a new amp for my JL's and put like 1000w rms to them. Let me know what you think. thanks.
each one of those JL's handles 350 rms, so 1000 into 3 would be fine.

I did a JL 1000/1 with 3 Jl w6's once. guy liked it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The JLs would not be my choice to try to get fairly loud. If that is your deciding factor, go with the REs. The original W6s were not a good choice for a ported box either. They liked sealed.

not true i have 3 13.5 ported and 3 a1800 on them (1000 watts ) a piece and they are F*cking Loud as hell! JL All the WAy

not true i have 3 13.5 ported and 3 a1800 on them (1000 watts ) a piece and they are F*cking Loud as hell! JL All the WAy
Sounds like you got it all figured out there, slick...oh, wait, nope, you don't. You aren't loud. Loud to you, maybe, but relative to guys that are loud in a quantitative sense, you're not loud.

Add that to the fact that the 12w6s that he has are only related to the 13w6s that you have by merit of the logo on them and your opinion bears even less relevance.

Call me a hater or whatever you want. That would show how little you know, because I like JL and have been using them probably as long as you've been alive. That doesn't change the fact that JL does not make the best sub for every application. If the goal is to get loud, JL isn't the right sub. Period.

It all depends if you wanna buy new woofers.

Re and JL Audio both make great products. JL just a little bit better on sq IMO.

If you want loud go with SR's

but you can give them more then 800 RMS.

And when comparing, you can't ask if the 3 woofer with more power will be louder then 3 woofers with less power. you just answered your own question

800 rms to 3 X 12"

500 rms to 3 X 12"

mistake right there.

Yes, they are 12w6v1's. But, with only 500w rms to the 3 of them, they get loud even though they are ported. When i first got them, they were in a sealed box. But, i have seen other people using ported boxes and they are so loud. JL's website says that you can have them ported, but the W6 is a SQ sub, not SPL. With my US Amps 4 channel and the volume at a decent level it sounds great. There is a lot of air movement comming from the port, only when i turn it up passed say 1/4 way on HU. As far as excursion, does the SR12 have more than the w6v1? My surrounds on my w6s are just fine, not even a scratch or anything, thats what i was worried about, the surround falling apart, then having to buy new subs. thanks for the help!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

lionel2

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
lionel2
PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date