3X Western Digital Raptors and 3 drive caddy

This may be a dumb question cause im no computer genious but can I run this along side my two 640gb hdd that are currently in raid 0?
If you have 3 sata ports left on a RAID card or get another RAID card, yes. I don't know what your setup consist of hardware-wise to say whether you need another card or not.

well I beleive I only have one slot left, let me look into a raid card and get back to you then.
I recomend a 3ware raid card that does RAID5. It is a hardware based RAID with dedicated cache and will be much better performance wise. I don't think any of the promise card of high points are hardware based and most software based like Promise wont do RAID5.

They are pricey though. I paid 300+ for my 4 port sata raid card and around 250 for my 4 channel IDE raid card, both hardware based 3ware cards.

If all you want it speed then I guess a promise 4 port for a RAID0 would be fine though. Best nag for buck on RAID0 is software based.

I actually run a RAID 0 on 3 of them (raptors, not Veloci) for BF2. Everyone gets pissed that I am flying the J-10 before they even load in ha ha ha
I wasn't quite that fast, but I did love being typically one of the first to load up and be ready. I always hated that about bf2 was how long it took to load... even with my 2 slower wd's in raid 0 it takes long than i want it to to load //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Free bump.

Would actually buy this if I didn't get in on the Seagate 1TB for $110 from Dell.

Though-- maybe I could pick up one and have my games and OS installed on it.

Could I just attach these two HD's in separate sata ports and still see a significant load/speed time? (Not raiding em)

I can't believe these are not gone yet!
werd, I thought I aggressively priced them to move.
Free bump.Would actually buy this if I didn't get in on the Seagate 1TB for $110 from Dell.

Though-- maybe I could pick up one and have my games and OS installed on it.

Could I just attach these two HD's in separate sata ports and still see a significant load/speed time? (Not raiding em)
Yes, even by themselves you get noticeable speed over standard 7200RPM SATA drives.

If they were 74 I'd be asking a lot more //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Combined in a RAID5 they are more than enough room for me as an OS/APP drive though.

TODAY ONLY $160 shipped

Sorry guys. That will leave me with an enclosure I don't need and have to try to sell separately. If someone has interest in the enclosure then we can try to work out a deal on separating it all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Speedbump3

Banned
Speedbump3
Lounge
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views